Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Never thought I'd post this-all this trip we have paid for 1 internet Key and used Conectify to create hotspot in van.
Here at Haro we just tried to do same :cry: The Campsite signal seems to be so powerfull that I cannot disconect from it to get into our hotspot !!!
We connected Carolyns lappy to the campsite,then I tried to connect to our hotspot-my lappy kept connecting to the campsite but with no internet access :Doh:
In the end I paid my €9 for 2 days-dammit.

Mike.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Never thought I'd post this-all this trip we have paid for 1 internet Key and used Conectify to create hotspot in van.
Here at Haro we just tried to do same :cry: The Campsite signal seems to be so powerfull that I cannot disconect from it to get into our hotspot !!!
We connected Carolyns lappy to the campsite,then I tried to connect to our hotspot-my lappy kept connecting to the campsite but with no internet access :Doh:
In the end I paid my €9 for 2 days-dammit.

Mike.

Hi Mike , what u usin to create a hotspot? And excuse my ignorance but wheres Haro?

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi , have a look at the "view network list" and somewhere on the left you should have a "change the order of preferred networks" move your hotspot to the top of list and you should be fine, cheers sean

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Mike...

I suspect it might be because you might be using the free version of Connectifyme.

When I log on with my laptop to the UK through my VPN thingy fine... but if I then connect to the hotspot from the lappy the phone says "sorry, you need the full version."

JJ:Cool:

PS. I would go with what Sean says before me!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
:
hi , have a look at the "view network list" and somewhere on the left you should have a "change the order of preferred networks" move your hotspot to the top of list and you should be fine, cheers sean

Guess what ::bigsmile:
My Hotspot is at top of list :ROFLMAO:

Mike

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike...

I suspect it might be because you might be using the free version of Connectifyme.
JJ:Cool:

Now that's interesting JJ-I have the full version on my laptop and Carolyn has the free version on hers.
She connected first,so I was trying to access the hotspot that she created.We've found that if I connect to her it seems to work better than if she connects to me (no double entendres intended :ROFLMAO:)

Must do a bit more research on this one-but I am thinking of upgrading to Motorhome wi-fi's top of the range outfit that has a router and creates a hotspot using that.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back