Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Allestree, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi everyone, am thinking of getting a bike rack that will fit onto the towbar of my autocruise stardream.can anyone recommend a particular make?
thanking you all in advance, Buzzard

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi we have a towball bike rack made by Thule.

It does exactly what is says on the tin. We switched to a towball rack after our bike rack collapsed whilst in France in our Adria a few years back.

In my opinion, a nice safe way to carry your bike without having to life it chest height and above to put it on the Van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Are you looking for a motorcycle rack or a pedal cycle rack?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
bike rack

Hi Buzzard Ive got a 2bike towball fitted bike rack by thule its a doddle to get the bikes on and off, with built in lightboard I did not want any holes in back of van so this was perfect ::bigsmile:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi everyone, am thinking of getting a bike rack that will fit onto the towbar of my autocruise stardream.can anyone recommend a particular make?
thanking you all in advance, Buzzard
Hi,Buzzard i have a tow ball mounted bike rack for two bikes for sale,i dont know what area you live in so may not be of use to you.

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi buzzard. i also have a stardream and im thinking along the same lines to fit a towball rack,problem is,i have all the electrics with the plug etc in place but the towball has been removed...any idea how much it costs to fit a new towball bracket?:Smile::Smile:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
[HI/HI]
Hi we have a towball bike rack made by Thule.

It does exactly what is says on the tin. We switched to a towball rack after our bike rack collapsed whilst in France in our Adria a few years back.

[HI]
In my opinion, a nice safe way to carry your bike without having to life it chest height and above to put it on the Van.[/HI]
[HI]
[/HI] I too have been considering one of these. So how easy is it to fix to towball what i mean is it heavy or easily managed by the fairer sex or people of more mature years than yourself hagnap .

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
[HI/HI][HI]
[/HI] I too have been considering one of these. So how easy is it to fix to towball what i mean is it heavy or easily managed by the fairer sex or people of more mature years than yourself hagnap .

I have a Thule four bike carrier for the towball and it is easy to put on, its not that heavy at all and once fixed it stays there.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you have a chat with Glenn or Darren on 01-580-881288 as to suitability as they should know, being an Autocruise dealer!

We have tow ball mounted bike racks in stock as well, not Thule though,

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/saffier-towball-bike-racks.html

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/carlo-plus-bike-carrier.html

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/diament-2-bike-carrier-towball-mounted.html

Peter

Last edited:

KINGO46

Free Member
May 20, 2013
Warminster
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Tempo
Exp
since 2009
Bike rack

I have a rack made by Thule and it is really good. I also bought a large bag to go with it for use when not carrying bikes and that too is very good. No strain when fitting bikes or bag.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back