Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Great Yorkshire Showground
Harrogate
HG2 8NZ
22nd, 23rd & 24th March 2013

Eyup,

Bye eck, tha dunt see thee show mentioned a raat lot does tha?

:winky:

Andy

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:thumb:We dunt like strangers up here tha nos. Keep it quiet and keep the buggers art.
Cheers
Bernie

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It appears that this show is rather low key. Might have had more interest if some overnight camping was allowed. Handy location but clashes with Newark. There are far to many shows now as different organisers ply for traders and profit.
We may try out Harrogate but better come in a low key motor as not to upset the locals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Theres plenty o brass in arrogat - I was reading that Niesman + Bischoff will be exhibiting. Bet they won't be at Newark :roflmto:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:ROFLMAO:Niesman & Bischoff! Nay lad, they'l be thear to sell mobile chippy conversions. We lyke a bit o fish up ere.

Cheers
Bernie

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
:ROFLMAO:Niesman & Bischoff! Nay lad, they'l be thear to sell mobile chippy conversions. We lyke a bit o fish up ere.

Cheers
Bernie

Incidentally old chap - Its Niesmann + Bischoff as he wor only t'lakkie

Best fish & tayties round there are at wetherby whaler sithee. People in Harrogate go to Bettys dont you know for Fat Rascals and Darjeeling Tea :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Maybe it's a local show for local people :winky:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0[/ame]

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Maybe it's a local show for local people :winky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0
Will ALL visitors to the show have to comply with the safety regulations???
Or will we have to wear all the clopper in case the locals throw tatties at us??
If customers shopping wear hard hats, hivis jackets and rigger boots along with all the other crap is this a hint of the area we will be entering,

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

hi yorkshire is the home of rugby league and fish n chips with scraps on lived here all my life and love it nowhere else on this planet can compare to it so any outsiders coming here please treat us with the respect we deserve and at all times be polite and obliging say please and thank you when ordering your fish and chips and remember the fish frier who as slaved away to make you the nicest meal your ever likeley to have then enjoy our landscapes and sites regards steve:Smile:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hmm, we're coming up from Essex and I confess I'm starting to worry! We're bringing sweets as gifts for the natives, but there are one or two practical issues we'd like guidance with:

Will we need passports? Can anyone recommend a phrase book so we can brush up on the local language? Is it safe to drink the water? Do they drive on the left?

Steve :Smile:
(suffisticated suvvanah from daahn saarf :winky: )

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

hi if your bringing us sweeties we like mint humbugs pontefract cakes liquorice allsorts mars bars. regarding anything else you dont need a passport but you do need to swear an allegiance to the mayor. you also need to speak urdu and be able to talk in broad yorkshire and dont forget if you see an old man in a flat cap with a walking stick dont laugh at him as this will greatly upset his feelings apart from that we are very sociable and easy to get on with steve:thumb:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
hi if your bringing us sweeties we like mint humbugs pontefract cakes liquorice allsorts mars bars. regarding anything else you dont need a passport but you do need to swear an allegiance to the mayor. you also need to speak urdu and be able to talk in broad yorkshire and dont forget if you see an old man in a flat cap with a walking stick dont laugh at him as this will greatly upset his feelings apart from that we are very sociable and easy to get on with steve:thumb:

We have mint humbugs!!! Phew!

(we also have choc limes, cough candies, toffees and assorted mints, and I can count to ten in Urdu, which is better than my Yorshire)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hmm, we're coming up from Essex and I confess I'm starting to worry! We're bringing sweets as gifts for the natives, but there are one or two practical issues we'd like guidance with:

Will we need passports? Can anyone recommend a phrase book so we can brush up on the local language? Is it safe to drink the water? Do they drive on the left?

(suffisticated suvvanah from daahn saarf :winky: )
It is Harrogate you know, nobody there speaks like the quotes on this thread!. Its Posh, prim & proper, come in your best clobber & stick your noses in the air.:thumb:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Steve, I shall be along to test your mint humbugs to ensure they were made in Yorkshire. I will also need to check that no copycat Pontefract Cakes have been smuggled into the county. You will note I am now talking posh as apparently Harrogate is posh again! Orny til ar get thear!
Cheers
Bernie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back