Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Would I be right in thinking I can use my sky card from home in my pace sky receiver in the motot home just want to make sure before I commit

Thx

Andy

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Yes and you should get all the programmes you subscribe to...

And the local news to where the card was registered to.... when you took it out, where ever and what ever part of the country you are in... :thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yes and you should get all the programmes you subscribe to...

And the local news to where the card was registered to.... when you took it out, where ever and what ever part of the country you are in... :thumb:

Not necessarily VeryOldMoMan. It depends on what box it came out of and what it is going into. The only real test is to try it as no harm will come. It will either work or not and you will either get all of your channels, some of them, or only the Freeview ones. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Would I be right in thinking I can use my sky card from home in my pace sky receiver in the motot home just want to make sure before I commit

Thx

Andy

It will work for a short period, but sky has now paired the sky card to the box, so if it is not in the original box you will not receive the ecm updates needed or the card to decode channels. The best thing to do is take the box that the card is paired too and it will work faultlessly.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not necessarily VeryOldMoMan. It depends on what box it came out of and what it is going into. The only real test is to try it as no harm will come. It will either work or not and you will either get all of your channels, some of them, or only the Freeview ones. :winky:

Well I used mine up at Briersfield a couple of weeks ago in a different box to what we have at home and it worked,,, :Cool:

But I am special... :thumb:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Well I used mine up at Briersfield a couple of weeks ago in a different box to what we have at home and it worked,,, :Cool:

But I am special... :thumb:

As I stated it [HI]will work for a short period[/HI] ( 2/3/4 weeks ) however if it misses the ecm updates the card will "die" and you then need to call sky direct and ask them to resend the updates. This they will do a number of times then they start to ask questions!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As I stated it [HI]will work for a short period[/HI] ( 2/3/4 weeks ) however if it misses the ecm updates the card will "die" and you then need to call sky direct and ask them to resend the updates. This they will do a number of times then they start to ask questions!

We have been using our card in
1. The sky + box main tv,
2. Kitchen sky box ( old non sky + box )
3. In our van in the 12v sky box.

WE get all our subscribed channels and have done so for nearly 3 years now.

You need to call sky and register the card to your new box, it will still work in the other box with all channels..... at least ours does.:thumb:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
The real answer is it might do, then it night for a little while, then it might not at all.

The pace box uses a white card, I manged to get one from sky for a one off payment of 15£, it's all to do with security apparently. My home sky card in the hd box, will not work in the pace box...

Only real option is to try it.

Also if you pay£10 per month and have multi room they will pair a card up to your pace box which will work all the time. Why sky can get away with this is unreal, at the end of the day you can't watch TV in two places, your paying for it, you should be able to put it in any box.:thumb:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
your card will work no problem in ant sky box you put it in. you will get all the channels you subscribe to except the premium channels (sky sports, and the sky movie channels) to get these you need to use the box the card is paired to . my card spends 6 months in the camper pace minibox and 6 months at home in the sky+ box . all the best sean

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
your card will work no problem in ant sky box you put it in. you will get all the channels you subscribe to except the premium channels (sky sports, and the sky movie channels) to get these you need to use the box the card is paired to . my card spends 6 months in the camper pace minibox and 6 months at home in the sky+ box . all the best sean

If only this were true, it may be for you, but not for many :Sad:

As I said the OP needs to try it...

What box do you have at home? Is it HD ?

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi haganap , i have a sky + hd box now , but have used other boxes over the years. no one i know has any problems either ?? cheers sean

OP
OP
ciderman

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
None I have a virgin:roflmto: and it's a pace 12v box in the motor home and I do not want to change to sky st home if it will not work in the pace

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hi haganap , i have a sky + hd box now , but have used other boxes over the years. no one i know has any problems either ?? cheers sean

Yep, I stand corrected, just tested, mine works, but only basic channels? I now know why I never went that route and got a white card for the pace box, because if I take the card from the box, those left at home can't watch TV:Doh:

When I enquired I was told the only way was via a multi room, because I wanted to watch footie on a Sunday pm, as you say, that's not possible by simply switching the card.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi ciderman , your card from home will work but as haganap has stated and you will get all your basic channels . so if you have sky sports and sky movies you wont get these in our van. cheers sean

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
to be on the safe side take the box it is registered to or you may get nowt on it

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Hi All; I have a multyroom card in a 12v pace box that lives in the van all the time. If you don't use it regularly it starts losing subscription channels. All you have to do is ring Sky to reactivate it but they still take my £10 a month!!! so I put the dish up at home,leave Sky on for a couple of hours to keep it refreshed.I have'nt tryed the home hd card in the Pace.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
The real answer is it might do, then it night for a little while, then it might not at all.

The pace box uses a white card, I manged to get one from sky for a one off payment of 15£, it's all to do with security apparently. My home sky card in the hd box, will not work in the pace box...

Only real option is to try it.

Also if you pay£10 per month and have multi room they will pair a card up to your pace box which will work all the time. Why sky can get away with this is unreal, at the end of the day you can't watch TV in two places, your paying for it, you should be able to put it in any box.:thumb:

Guy's what your taking about is FREE SAT and this DOES NOT pairing with a box. It is only for subscription channels, I most have read the first post wrong.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Now in Portugal watching ALL my subscribed channels (except 5 but then I am a long way away) :ROFLMAO:

When I first connected it came up with message saying wrong card for this box. I then went to Sky web site and found out they have a function for you to register your card to another box. It tells you where to find the box details and how to pair the card with it's new box.

To: Thedriver.
Even if you don't subscribe you will be able to get Freesat channels via your Sky box, I was able to do this before I paired it to the box I have here.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have a sky box at our house in Spain. We tried taking our sky card and using it in that box but we only got non subscription channels. As we are out there for months at a time & hubby wants sports we started taking our box as well.
Now however we have community tv on our urbanization (free after a 50E payment) and that includes sky sports channels so don't bother anymore.:thumb::thumb:
Mum & Dad who live in the flat upstairs have a sky+ box with a card registered to our UK address as a multiroom and they get all the channels for £10 per month. Only downside of that is if it was only us then when we were away from home we could drop our subscription to the minimum £7.50 a month for the months we are away but this would mean that they would only get the bare minimum channels as well so we keep paying:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Because the 12v Pace box is so basic the card will work on most channels ( we have used ours for the past 4 years ) but obviously you cannot use any sky+ facilities .. AND...

Usually pay for film channels and the sports package will proly not work..

We have ( actually that should be HAD as I dumped sky as of Feb 1st ) the entertainment package.. Now that we no longer pay Sky anything, the card still allows us to view more that 70 channels ( most of which are crap of course !! )

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Kieth..... You look a handsome couple in that photo.Was is a cold day?still hava a smile on your face!! Interesting thought getting Freesat on sky box,Where on sky Website would we find info on that.Would we get that without a card in box or would we need a basic card to activate the box? one more question,Do you know if the footprint would be the same as sky on Astra 1n sat.
Here I am assuming you are an
expert!!! If you can't answer, I'm sure someone will.

Bruce.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Kieth..... You look a handsome couple in that photo.Was is a cold day?still hava a smile on your face!! Interesting thought getting Freesat on sky box,Where on sky Website would we find info on that.Would we get that without a card in box or would we need a basic card to activate the box? one more question,Do you know if the footprint would be the same as sky on Astra 1n sat.
Here I am assuming you are an
expert!!! If you can't answer, I'm sure someone will.

Bruce.

An old Sky Box without a card will usually show just a handful of channels only.
At least my old ones are like that.

Sky will sell a card for a one of fee £10 or £20, not sure, or you can just use your old card if you have cancelled a Sky Contract.

With that you will get almost all Freesat (FTA) channels plus some more channels that are free on Sky but not available of Freesat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back