Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Hello. Does anyone know if it is possible to turn the space under the swivel seat in a Renault Master into a safe by having a locking panel fastened to the front.It is a large dead area beneath both seats which is useful storage.Thankyou

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I got a genuine tool kit under one and the split charger under the other

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hello. Does anyone know if it is possible to turn the space under the swivel seat in a Renault Master into a safe by having a locking panel fastened to the front.It is a large dead area beneath both seats which is useful storage.Thankyou

Not sure how much room you have but assume you think there is enough room or else you would not have asked the question.

I have a safe under one of my seats and the sat nav under the other, so it is do-able but my mh is a little larger than yours and has, I assume, more space.

Norman

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think you would be looking at a hiding place rather than a safe.

the seat base is only mild steel and pretty thin at that.

the ideal use would be a second leisure battery fitted in the space.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
When we had our t700 we stored jump leeds and

When we had our t700 we stored jump leeds and tow belt under the passenger seat.:Smile:
ps, great van.
tow belt under the passenger seat.:Smile:

OP
OP
Greenacres

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Thankyou all for your suggestions.Yes it is a great MH.Our tools and second leisure battery are stored elsewhere, I think that being inventive with hiding places is probably the way we will continue to go.

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
Thankyou all for your suggestions.Yes it is a great MH.Our tools and second leisure battery are stored elsewhere, I think that being inventive with hiding places is probably the way we will continue to go.

When we sold the Hymer (based on the Fiat chassis) we removed the "safe fronts" that closed off the seat base and these fitted the Renault Master without any alteration....Well, it's a Vauxhall Movano 2005 but the have the same seat base....They may put the quick "in/out thief off but not a determined one who has the time

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nothing would stop a determined thief. Its like all the security locks we fit, the windows are glass or plastic, easy. All we can do is make it a bit harder for them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back