Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
I have a Hymer C546 2003 on our classified adds on behalf of my sister-in-law its had over 600 looking but not had one message or question about it,it's low mileage and is part of a divorce settlement I have not put a price on it but she was hoping for around the £20k mark,her husband has contacted a dealer in South Wales and he has offered "around £16k" but wants her to drive it there,it would need taxing and testing then he would have the advantage so she asked him to come up and take it with his trade plates but how would he pay ? I would sooner a funster bought it.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What ever route you go down to get rid of...

Dont part with the vehicle till you have the money in your hand....

Even if they say they will collect wait till the cheque has cleared and a couple of days... before you release the M.Home.. :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't think I would be happy paying very much for a vehicle with no Tax or MOT. At least get the MOT done.
Any potential purchaser might think it needed serious work done on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kickstart

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
I don't think I would be happy paying very much for a vehicle with no Tax or MOT. At least get the MOT done.
Any potential purchaser might think it needed serious work done on it.

Yes you are right Realyretired it goes without saying she will have it MOT'd before it goes.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I pay by electronic transfer directly into the sellers account once I have inspected the van and agreed a price.

Normally the funds arrive in about 20 minutes

Peter

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
For me the answer's simple - no price! If I don't know what you're looking for, I've got no idea what to compare it with. And if I was in the market for this type of 'van I'm not sure I could be bothered to enquire - it just looks a bit odd on the face of it. 'Best offer'? Unless it's an auction, I personally wouldn't get involved. Far better IMHO to put some kind of price on it. Other than that the ad looks fine, tho if you are able to give more clues about its condition [unmarked? excellent bodywork? Some minor scratches? Good for age?] that would be a bonus.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
I always look for a full and honest description, lots of good quality photographs inside and out and a competitive price. Without that, I usually pass over the ad and look at the next one.

I sold a motorhome last year. The interested party came to look, a deal was agreed, they went into town and transferred the money electronically. Less than an hour later, I checked the account online and saw the money was there. I checked that it could not be drawn back and the bank confirmed that it could not. Deal concluded successfully.:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
More photos needed. I don't know if there is a limit on photos in the Classifieds..

The more photos the better, especially interior pics showing all that the van has to offer...
A picture tells a thousand words, and all that.....:thumb:

There is so much to see inside a van, when people post Ads with only exterior shots I invariably pass straight by onto the next Ad.

...and any history, servicing, extras fitted, receipts etc etc.... will all help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back