Auto Sleeper Symbol - Purchase Agreed (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Well, i've finally bit the bullet, after nearly 2 years of researching, saving and generally bugging the crap out of everyone on here, i've put a deposit down on a 2008 Auto Sleeper Symbol. 5.5m length is ideal for me and the better half + mutt. Mostly for weekends away with the odd week or two travelling. Its a lovely van, well specced, very well looked after from a private seller who has a similar background to myself. So thanks for all the tips and advice. Once everything is squared away I'll post some pics.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations - it took some time to find, but it looks like you've got exactly what you wanted:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Pictures or it did not happen
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The deposit's dispatched. Hoping to pick it up early next week. I won't chance my luck with pics at this stage.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, i've finally bit the bullet, after nearly 2 years of researching, saving and generally bugging the crap out of everyone on here, i've put a deposit down on a 2008 Auto Sleeper Symbol.

Not everyone is impetuous.

Good time to take delivery, hit the road in a bit of warmth.

But "weekend away", that's not acceptable, try harder,

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Journeyman now your motorhome journey can start and I bet there will be more questions :thumb: enjoy your new motorhome.

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
The Update

Hi all,

Travelled up to Edinburgh on Tues to complete the sale, then drove it back later that day. Very happy with the van, it handles really well. i've spent the last few days tinkering and generally getting things straight. The maiden voyage is tomorrow, only travelling 10 odd miles with the OH and dog to a site near to Moel Famau in the Clwydian Range for a weekends shakedown of the van.

I could crush a grape!

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 79
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Looks really well, obviously well looked after, happy travels :Cool:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Well, i've finally bit the bullet, after nearly 2 years of researching, saving and generally bugging the crap out of everyone on here, i've put a deposit down on a 2008 Auto Sleeper Symbol. 5.5m length is ideal for me and the better half + mutt. Mostly for weekends away with the odd week or two travelling. Its a lovely van, well specced, very well looked after from a private seller who has a similar background to myself. So thanks for all the tips and advice. Once everything is squared away I'll post some pics.

Good Luck:Smile:::bigsmile:

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all,

Travelled up to Edinburgh on Tues to complete the sale, then drove it back later that day. Very happy with the van, it handles really well. i've spent the last few days tinkering and generally getting things straight. The maiden voyage is tomorrow, only travelling 10 odd miles with the OH and dog to a site near to Moel Famau in the Clwydian Range for a weekends shakedown of the van.

I could crush a grape!

Glad you now have your van looks really good, Moel Famauw only a few miles from us, my son_in_law runs up and down Moel. Famauw most evenings, Mold is only a couple of miles from there and there is a good market there on Saturday:Smile:

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Moel Famauw only a few miles from us, my son_in_law runs up and down Moel. Famauw most evenings, Mold is only a couple of miles from there and there is a good market there on Saturday:Smile:

Only a short distance ourselves Carol. We're staying at this site. http://www.brynbowliocaravanpark.co.uk

Brian, in a desperate attempt to prevent the local ne'er do wells having a closer look inside, i'm hiding/removing all attractive items. Cobra alarm next on my list.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thought it might be that one, :Smile: I am not sure on this, but we have a Cobra alarm and have been told that they are not classed as category one so not classed for insurance purposes may be worth looking into.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian, in a desperate attempt to prevent the local ne'er do wells having a closer look inside, i'm hiding/removing all attractive items. Cobra alarm next on my list.

What a world when we've got to do that eh.

But they know what's inside, especially on the road so we are sitting ducks. Read Jim's security book.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back