Britstops (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, we think it's worthwhile, the majority of stops are only available to members :Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We joined last year and have stayed at some great places. Got this years free as we recommended a stopover which joined the scheme.
As regards being places you can park for free anyway - the places we have stayed have been off the beaten track so I doubt you would find them without the book.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Have joined from nz will use them when we are over .they will suit us better than some of club sites.wefree camp here in nz more than we do use camps.will need to go on club sites for electric hook ups now and again

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Cannot praise Brit Stops enough! Definitely not just pub stays etc, a wide variety of interesting places ~ craft shops, farm shops (love these and love to try their wares!), yes, it is definitely worth it. You not only have a a great place to stay but it is safe and secure and in nasty, muddy weather, usually a hardstanding too!!! :ROFLMAO:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Just renewed mine for another year.

There have been a number of discussions about the scheme on this forum; I presumed that the places involved were exclusively for BritStop members but that turns out not to always be the case. However, a lot of the places are off the beaten track, so without becoming a member you might never know about them.

You could just try it for a year - afer all, £25 is less then a lot of Funsters would spend on fuel getting to a rally.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Yes, we think it's worthwhile, the majority of stops are only available to members :Smile:

Not quite what Steve from Brit stops said on 14th Feb this year in a similar post

"We don't ask them for exclusivity, though, and as for motorhomers being turned away from pubs where they've always been welcomed, because the pub's now signed up to Brit Stops, well again it's certainly nothing we've asked for, and tbh I just can't see it happening".

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Not quite what Steve from Brit stops said on 14th Feb this year in a similar post

"We don't ask them for exclusivity, though, and as for motorhomers being turned away from pubs where they've always been welcomed, because the pub's now signed up to Brit Stops, well again it's certainly nothing we've asked for, and tbh I just can't see it happening".

Absolutely correct, although maybe not the most romantic of Valentine's Day messages I've ever written :ROFLMAO:

However simbadog is also correct, as although we don't demand exclusivity, the majority of our hosts do only welcome stopovers from Brit Stops members. They do this as we offer them a managed scheme whereby we give details of when they are open (or not) for stopovers, if a phone call is needed in advance or they prefer not to be disturbed by phone, if large motorhomes are accepted, and any particular stipulations they may have regarding the stopover. We also ask members to follow a code of conduct. The hosts feel happier knowing they are dealing with Brit Stops members because of all this, and indeed some would not have joined without these provisos.

Jeez I can be boring sometimes...

Anyway, you can always come for a browse through the book at one of the many shows we'll be attending this year.

Steve :Smile:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I know a pub which apparently has planning permission for 5 units on the car park. How do I claim my free membership if you sign them up? ::bigsmile:

Hi Janine,

It's a simple four-step process:

1. You become a member this year (it's a members' incentive scheme, so you have to be a member first, then if the place signs up you get next year free)

2. You send the details to us and we do the rest. If they are happy to offer a free overnight parking space and we like them, they're in, and you get next year's copy of Brit Stops free.

3. That's it.

4. The end.

Steve :Smile:

(ok, it's a two-step process!) :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back