New Tow Bar (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I know its been a long time but I thought I would pop on and say that finally I am having my towbar fitted.

Got the new bike trailer arriv8ing on Monday and I'm at Towtal for the day in a couple of weeks :)

Looking forward to be able to tow the Lammy on the back and take Mem Sahib out when we park up :)

Hope you are all well BTW

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I`ll say hello and welcome back....:thumb:

I`m not proud....:winky::ROFLMAO:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Towbar woe's

I would love to be able to say that but the new type approval regulations have for the moment scuppered that.
Autotrail have not replied to my email but PWS say no movement yet!
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Sorry to hear the rules are holding things up.
The new type approval will no doubt be eagerly awaited, and very, very intesting. How many type approvals can they stick on a bar? God know's how we have managed to carry on living before all these brainless geeks started writing useless rules.
I gather the new approval will require you to paint the tow bar with knats pee before use. This will keep away possible cobweb infestation which may cause severe rust and total rot.
Had a so called job's worth safety zombie passed me while I was working this morning. He just looked and kept on going within the building. They all appear to have been given this certain face complete with the expression to do there sad job.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I would love to be able to say that but the new type approval regulations have for the moment scuppered that.

Try www.watling-towbars.co.uk or www.armitagetrailers.com as they both do a type approved towbar for the Aout-Trail range.
It's made in Holland by a company called Memo. You can find it at www.autoproducten.com

Hope that helps. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now

Towtal are manufacturing the towbar for my Lunar on the day I take it and it will be type approved, ÂŁ499 including vat and fitting etc. Why dont you give them a ring?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back