A Little Message to Dealers That Read FUN (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
We as your customers don't want too much from you after you take our life savings Just a friendly phone call will do.
how are you getting on with it ??
have you had any problems ??
if your passing call in for a brew.

these few words can make a big difference to us and they cost you pence.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
No thanks.

The last thing I want from a dealer is a phone call troubling me whilst Im up on the roof adding my new toys.

All I wanted is what I got, A nice bottle of Champagne with a note to say thank you for buying from Edgehill Motorhomes. :Cool::Cool:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Another little message to dealers and traders on fun

We are having a charity auction for comic relief so why not donate something it doesnt have to be expensive or big xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It would definitely show that at least they are pretending to care! :thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Your request for a courtesy follow up is never put into practice.
It is a pity as something so small as a two minute phone call can form a long
standing relationship. After purchasing 11 motorhomes the ONLY company who bothered to call after a month was Buccanneer Motorhomes who were then based near York.
They are no longer trading, probably because they cared and offered a very rare thing called Customer Aftersales Service. For any dealers reading this the meaning is in a dictionary. We are ALL hoping the new NCC Workshop scheme will help, I doubt it. It will be like most of these flashy ideas, pay the subs, get the certificate and stick two fingers up at the customers.
I remember very well when all the manufacturers in the country were trying to obtain the first Quality Creditation in the late 80's / early 90's. We did a lot of work for a motorhome manufacturer and I asked him exactly what was investigated. In short he said every aspect of the operation from raw material to finished product. After our lengthy chat he followed up by saying that all it means is production has to be identical and the same product quality achieved continously. If we manufacturer poor goods then we must make sure that poor goods are produced continously, enough said.

quarryjmiller

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2006
You Don't Bring Me Flowers

My dealer experience was interesting, the day that I ordered and paid for a brand new Hymer I watched two ladies being presented with a bouquet when they collected their new van.

Delivery of our new van was delayed by 8 weeks which led to many a happy moment or two here at home I can tell you but I knew that when I got home with the new van I would win extra points and the dealers would go some way to redeeming themselves when the big bunch of flowers was revealed, there were no flowers of course and I wonder if the dealers realise how much damage they do to customer relationships when they operate what appears to be a two tier system, they may have made one purchaser feel special but they certainly deflated any dreams that I may have had.

Still, at least I know where I am in the pecking order now.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Bunch of flowers, bottle of vino, handover as long as you like, stay near us for a couple of nights in case of any gremlins appearing, five years free habitation sevices so you can come back as we like to see our customers again.

Been doing this as standard for years.

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Bunch of flowers, bottle of vino, handover as long as you like, stay near us for a couple of nights in case of any gremlins appearing, five years free habitation sevices so you can come back as we like to see our customers again.

Been doing this as standard for years.

Peter

Peter, can you just knock a couple of grand off the price and send me away without all the above?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Peter, can you just knock a couple of grand off the price and send me away without all the above?

Sometimes though it is nice to get good old fashioned service like Peter is offering, without thinking a extra amount of £ could be knocked off. When I was in business always tried that bit harder, think that was the reason I managed to trade for 30 years.:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Sometimes though it is nice to get good old fashioned service like Peter is offering, without thinking a extra amount of £ could be knocked off. When I was in business always tried that bit harder, think that was the reason I managed to trade for 30 years.:Smile:

Carol, think your taking my post out of context, I was joking,:winky:

I was made up to get my bottle of champagne from my dealer when I brought the van, it is a nice touch when you splash out so much cash. :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You only find out when you have paid and want some problem sorting out how much customer service is just as important as the price you paid.
I expect the dealer to try to resolve the problem as they would like it resolved had it been their own savings spent on the van,to return calls when they say they will,and make a proper job of any work they undertake.
Its not rocket science is it?

Happy Customer comes back tells 10 people

Unhappy Customer tells everyone and never comes back

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The last thing I want from any supplier is follow up calls.

I want what I ordered, in good time and in good order.

If there is a problem, I understand that these do happen but this is when I will judge you. Put it right at minimal expense or hassle to myself and you will have a customer for life and many many vocal recommendations from me...

Mess me about, cost me excessive time and money due to no fault of my own and you will lose me as a customer for life and I will recommend people not even visit you never mind buy from you.

It's all about treating people fairly in my book.

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
When I bought my Honda Jazz I got a large bouquet of flowers - despite having haggled hard to get the best price plus free services for 3 years. :winky: I also received regular 'courtesy' phone calls to see how I was getting on with the car.

Since then I have recommended Honda to many people. Not because of the flowers or the 'courtesy' calls - but because it was a great little car. Well built, reliable and only needed the 'consumables' replacing (engine oil, filters, brake pads, etc) in the 5 years I owned it. :Smile:

Now if only Honda built tag axle motorhomes ............ ::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My first Hymer we got baseball caps for the kids and us and a bottle of plonk. Susequent purchases similar 'gifts'
When we ordered our present van at the NEC first October show in 2005, we had lunch on the Brownhill stand. When we went to Preston to sign up and pay the deposit,we were promised all sorts of things on collection. When pick up day came the salesman had left the company and a really couldn't be a***d salesman dealt with us. We got nothing in fact dealmakers didn't appear and they even took a 5 year subscription for the tracker and I got renewal notices from the tracking firm. It transpired that they hadn't passed the fees on and double charged me VAT.
Fortunately a very contrite person at Brownhills Newark reimbursed for various items and paid the outstanding fees for the tracker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back