elizabethh7802

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
We want to fit air suspension to our Fiat Ducato 1995.
We have found some kits but often they don't include the gauge/compressor.
Has anyone bought and fitted these themselves?
Is there a site that sells them at a reasonable price?

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We fitted Airride to a 34ft RV made a huge difference to the handling. We did'nt fit gauges of compressor they are for convenience and add a lot to the cost. All we had was a valve stem on each side and just adjusted the pressures with the small compressor we carry for checking tyre pressures. Once you find the right setting you only need to occasionally check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the replies

Is it easy to fit or do you need a professional?

Like most things if you have the knowledge and kit to fit it (main thing I believe is safely raising the weight off the suspension) then it can be done DIY as many here will testify. After some consideration I personally opted to have it fitted to my previous van by AS-Suspension.

If you search on line you will find instructions on fitting, so you can make an informed choice. :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have had air systems fitted to two of our motorhomes by AS-Airsuspension and am happy to recommend them as an excellent company and great people to deal with.

The system comes with it's own compressor and gauges and gives a greatly improved ride with the added benefit of being able to help with leveling your van on site.

It may not be the cheapest system but I recon it to be the best ...... got to be worth a call for a chat and quote.

Brian

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We have had air systems fitted to two of our motorhomes by AS-Airsuspension and am happy to recommend them as an excellent company and great people to deal with.

The system comes with it's own compressor and gauges and gives a greatly improved ride with the added benefit of being able to help with leveling your van on site.

It may not be the cheapest system but I recon it to be the best ...... got to be worth a call for a chat and quote.

Brian

I'll second that! Jackie and Phil if I remember correctly. We stayed at Delamere Forest club site, straight out of the site and onto the train and a couple of stops into Chester for the day and the day we left the van with AS Jackie gave us a lift into Warrington where we took the train into Liverpool. Good people to deal with and an excellent job on the van. :thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
We fitted Airride to a 34ft RV made a huge difference to the handling. We did'nt fit gauges of compressor they are for convenience and add a lot to the cost. All we had was a valve stem on each side and just adjusted the pressures with the small compressor we carry for checking tyre pressures. Once you find the right setting you only need to occasionally check.

From Personal experience I agree with this bought AiRide kit complete with guages from eBay of all place`s 2nd hand but as new a doddle to fit as it was originally for a Transit gauges always read different than the pump (Maplins £17 and up to 100psi) makes a huge difference than before keep mine around 30/35psi Not a broken bottle at all last trip Europe ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'll second that! Jackie and Phil if I remember correctly. We stayed at Delamere Forest club site, straight out of the site and onto the train and a couple of stops into Chester for the day and the day we left the van with AS Jackie gave us a lift into Warrington where we took the train into Liverpool. Good people to deal with and an excellent job on the van. :thumb:
We recently installed a "Dunlop" air suspension system and was very impressed with it, the installation was straight forward and very easy to use for our customer.A good price too.:thumb:

Glenn Harris

www.johnscross.co.uk

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
JCD Motor repairs (Sennybridge) fitted my Dunlop air assistance kit. I bought the kit from Marcle. Champers (John) fitted it for me. Very pleased with the work and impressed with the difference it has made to the handling of the 'van. :thumb:

(The U bolts holding the springs in place can be very tight/difficult if you attempt to fit it yourself.)

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009

Brian

Had mine fitted by them aswell we have had no problems at all and i would recommend them aswell.:thumb:
As you say great people to deal with.:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We bought a basic kit ( no air pump or gauges ) from AS air suspension.
I fitted it myself in less than an hour ( VERY easy to fit ) and just pumped them up using the air lines in garages .. After about a year I could then afford the proper pump and gauges so added them then ( again, VERY easy )

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I got the Dunlop system from Marcle Leisure.

Dead easy to fit with the instructions provided, and Techno's excellent photo instructions posted on a here sometime ago.

And it has tranformed MoHo's handling - no more lolloping round corners. It's also useful for tipping rain water off the roof where it gathers - just pump up the suspension and the rainwater comes rolling down the windscreen :Smile:

I got the basic kit - no gauges or pump. Just use my cheapo Maplin air pump, and I plumbed the valves in inside the living area so can adjust easily from inside.

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
Had mine fitted by them aswell we have had no problems at all and i would recommend them aswell.:thumb:
As you say great people to deal with.:thumb:

Same here. Jackie and Phil are great and the gauges etc are very neat. Looks like OE. I recommend them.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
My MH came with air suspension fitted cant remember make right now AIR something italian i think ? but the guage shows the pressure is set at 15psi / 1 bar it drives comfortably but does that pressure sound a bit low ? before looking into it and altering it does anyone think its ok or not ? thanks :Smile:

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I started with mine at 40psi, but that was a bit hard in the driving; so dropped it to 36; currently running with 32 as a happy compromise between ride comfort and handling.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would say at 1 bar it is doing pretty much nothing !

28 to 40 psi ... Trial and error really...most of the time I run at 2.8 bar ( about 38-39 psi )

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
I would say at 1 bar it is doing pretty much nothing !

28 to 40 psi ... Trial and error really...most of the time I run at 2.8 bar ( about 38-39 psi )

Thanks Jaws it feels very comfy to drive at the mo so it should be even better with a bit higher psi in it, as you say i will try upping it a bit at a time 28-40 to see which is the best ride with a normal load :thumb:

OP
OP
E

elizabethh7802

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Fitting question

We have bought the Dunlop system from Marcle
Just one quick question for those who have fitted the system themselves.
We have the kit for Fiat Ducato 1995. On our truck we have the L shaped lever arm LSV, the kit comes with an adjuster bracket. Is this something I should install or is the bracket not needed because our motorhome is fully loaded all of the time? On all other illustrations on the net they haven't shown this adjuster being used.

Thanks

OP
OP
E

elizabethh7802

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Maplin pump?

Thanks for all the replies.
Have tried to find the pump on Maplin without success. Could someone be kind enough to post a link so I can order online.
Many thanks

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Thanks for all the replies.
Have tried to find the pump on Maplin without success. Could someone be kind enough to post a link so I can order online.
Many thanks

Hi the only one showing on my system at maplins is
Link Removed

I bought one last year for my AiRide system but took it back as digital read-out was unstable they did have a cheaper one £16.99 which I still have and works a treat ,just basic model with analog gauge use it on tyres up to 60psi not on website but then it wasn`t there back then? we have a store right on our doorstep though,which I take it you have not?

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
If you already have spring assisters, does air suspension completely replace them? It seems to perform the same task and a bit more.

Spring assisters act as bump stops when fully compressed. Does air suspension do the same?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back