Aires Guide(s) - Your thoughts. (1 Viewer)

Bridie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Bonnie Dundee
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2013
Hi

I'm sure there lots of threads covering this, but here goes anyway.

We are new to campervan touring (or, will be in July/August) although we have travelled in France, Spain and Portugal in our little Eriba caravan since retiral a few years ago. We think the campervan will give us more versatility and scope to do a bit more adventurous discovering.

Our "bible" when caravanning has been the ACSI CampingCard guide and a bit of internet when WiFi was available, and we'll continue to use it, but along with guides to the Aires etc available to campervans (but not caravans!) across Europe. We still want to stay on sites for a few days or more, but explore small villages, France Passion style places etc.

So, which guides? We will stick with the ASCI, but which of the many other guides available to buy? We'll accumulate guides as we progress and become more adventurous each year, but my thinking is towards the Dutch Camperstop Europe as it seems to cover most of Europe that we are interested in to begin with.

BUT, what are YOUR thoughts?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Heyupluv;729786[HI said:
]All the Aires in france [/HI].....from Vacarious books in Folkstone

http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/ it is the 4th edition you want now

Mel

Just ordered mine yesterday ! Jeannie (Sunnyside) has never been to France before so I thought that the up to date guide for her to peruse would wet her appetite !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
BUT, what are YOUR thoughts?

My thoughts.. .. being a tight wad, why buy when you can get free .., so a second vote for camping car infos..:thumb:

joking aside, it is probably the most comprehensive and up to date aires guide available.. covers most of Europe.

as mentioned, the usb stick is great value for money.. I have the old version on DVD ..

I appreciate you may prefer paper.. always useful for making notes etc.. in which case, my favourite is the French publication.. Aires de service and Camping-car,

buy in France from bookshops and supermarkets.. or from Vicarious books..

Link Removed

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Germany free guide available here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We used this last year http://www.i-campingcar.fr/ its in french but plenty of photos and prices , we downloaded it last year and used it off line but it looks a bit different this time , havnt found where to download it, but still have last years so will use it again

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
We used this last year http://www.i-campingcar.fr/ its in french but plenty of photos and prices , we downloaded it last year and used it off line but it looks a bit different this time , havnt found where to[HI] download it[/HI], but still have last years so will use it again

Try this one ! Aires in other countries as well !...... www.AireCampingCar.com :thumb:

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Yes it is (Mac compatible) as you simply need a browser. It works on Safari and Firefox on a Mac (I'm referring to a Mac, not an iPad - I have no experience of those).

No need to await delivery of a USB stick. You can pay to download CC-Infos directly to your Mac (referred to as Téléchargez).
Having clicked on this section of the home page:
"Retrouvez toutes les aires
sur une clé USB !
Et en version Téléchargeable !!!"

scroll down until you get the form to complete with an option for USB or 'Téléchargement' then send off the completed form. You will receive and e-mail with two links: one for an exe file and one for a zip file download. You need the zip file which can be expanded on your Mac. I have it stored in a folder with a link on the Dock which opens CC-infos in Safari. The e-mail will give you a password and the option to try the download up to ten times over 20 days.
Also, if you use a SatNav, download the free POI files and store them on your device. On the home page towards the lower centre, you will see these words: "La base de données GPS est téléchargeable gratuitement ici"; the word "ici" is a link to the download section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back