DVLA registrations (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just got my self a fun plate MH 07 FUN total cost £250.00 on the van including assignment fees and vat. There's still a few low no.s available if anyone's interested.should make it easy to spot on the your travels.:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Not sure but that version of a number plate maybe age related restricted to certain aged vans, i.e 2007 on an 07 plate.

Doubt if you would be allowed to put it on an older van

Peter

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just got my self a fun plate MH 07 FUN total cost £250.00 on the van including assignment fees and vat. There's still a few low no.s available if anyone's interested.should make it easy to spot on the your travels.:Eeek:

I know what you mean:winky:

now change your username

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Just to confirm, You can not put a number plate onto anything and make it appear younger than it is. So if you put an 07 plate on a MH it needs to be of that age or newer. If you put a prefix plate onto one say an "R" plate the MH must be no older than 1997....

I fancy a private plate myself, and have read all the info on the DVLA site its seems quite easy but still a little confusing as far as when you can actually display the new plate. Is it when you get the new tax disc through or do you have to wait for the V5 to be altered too?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Now this has got me thinking ..........

Does a 'personal' plate attract more or less attention when you do or don't want it? I am thinking for example that when I get my new camper next month should I consider an 'older plate' to make it less obvious that I own a new van. I have often noticed (with cars) that some people are full of envy and resent when they see someone with a NEW vehicle and this can lead to certain 'types' wanting to cause harm or damage (I have experienced 'keying' before). Will a '13' plate make a van look more desirable (from a criminals viewpoint) than say a 'K' plate from 20 years ago?

Me? Paranoid? :whatthe:........probably :Blush:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Simple solution - give it to me for a month and I will return it looking 20 years older without the need for replacement number plates.:winky:

I sometimes amaze myself at how helpful I can be:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

You did very good indeed.
I bought T33CNO over 3 yrs ago and just moved it from my car to MH for £80

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A quick search reveals there are quite a few so get stuck in!
Capture-M.jpg

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I fancy a private plate myself, and have read all the info on the DVLA site its seems quite easy but still a little confusing as far as when you can actually display the new plate. Is it when you get the new tax disc through or do you have to wait for the V5 to be altered too?

You can change the plates when the V5, tax disc and MOT (if applicable) are in your letter box

Peter

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I went to local DVLA Leeds on a Monday afternoon and Received everything by Friday's post which was much faster than expected and then swapped my plates.

The V5 takes a couple of weeks longer but you only need the tax discs and a certificate for the replacement plate for the donor vehicle. Most often you'll get the original plates back for the donor vehicle, I had kept mine so cost me nothing.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am sorry but I don't see the point of any personal number plates. Is it a snobbery thing or do people have them as they don't know what there vehicle looks like in a carpark. I wouldn't dream of spending money on a personal number plate, the price of what is only a piece of plastic is far to expensive anyway without personalising it. To my way of thinking its only another government scam to get money from motorists. I think that £12 is to expensive just for a new plate, let alone £250. Does it make the vehicle more economical or maybe go faster or something ?. £250 will buy a good solar system and a damned site more use to you. Just my thoughts which are sometimes a little controversial :Smile:.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
The last time I was working in Edinburgh SN07 plates were due to be issued. The DVLA didn't like the thought of "snot" on Edinburgh's streets so it wasn't issued. TN07 was issued instead. The following year SN08 which apparently spells "snob" was considered acceptable. :RollEyes:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Now this has got me thinking ..........

Does a 'personal' plate attract more or less attention when you do or don't want it? I am thinking for example that when I get my new camper next month should I consider an 'older plate' to make it less obvious that I own a new van. I have often noticed (with cars) that some people are full of envy and resent when they see someone with a NEW vehicle and this can lead to certain 'types' wanting to cause harm or damage (I have experienced 'keying' before). Will a '13' plate make a van look more desirable (from a criminals viewpoint) than say a 'K' plate from 20 years ago?

Me? Paranoid? :whatthe:........probably :Blush:
NOT BEING A CRIMINAL but may be a cynic
any new reg will get vandalized by some thug sooner or later
its not rocket science

I keep have a none date reg on my RV
it does get some to ask how old it is
as its almost 15 years old but looks as good as a three year old
the plate is suppose does make a difference

yours Ian

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes I like that aspect too plus people I'm meeting find me easier

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I thought I might have this one.. As you can see, judicious use of a bolt in the middle and it will be perfect :thumb:
Broken Link Removed

Or have I got it wrong ???? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• fac1.jpg
    fac1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 157

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have three personal plates and whilst there is the intrinsic snob value, there is also their value as an investment year on year :thumb:

A work colleague bought a number plate ***3 - had been on a tractor, the three letters being his initials. Its worth an absolute mint now and has out performed any Peps, Isas or bank accounts. Therefore money in the bank.

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I wouldn`t have one.... :Blush:

If I want to do a runner, from a garage forecourt...

Without paying for the 280 litres of LPG and 100 gallons of petrol.. I have just put in the RV....

It would be easy for the attendant to tell the police what my number was/is with a personalised one....

Where the one I have, doubt he would remember it... so wouldn`t be able to give a description of the vehicle... :thumb::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I wouldn`t have one.... :Blush:

If I want to do a runner, from a garage forecourt...

[HI]Without paying for the 280 litres of LPG and 100 gallons of petrol.. I have just put in the RV....[/HI]

It would be easy for the attendant to tell the police what my number was/is with a personalised one....

Where the one I have, doubt he would remember it... so wouldn`t be able to give a description of the vehicle... :thumb::winky::ROFLMAO:

No problem finding you though - you'd be filling up again at the next petrol station !
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Am sorry but I don't see the point of any personal number plates. Is it a snobbery thing or do people have them as they don't know what there vehicle looks like in a carpark. I wouldn't dream of spending money on a personal number plate, the price of what is only a piece of plastic is far to expensive anyway without personalising it. To my way of thinking its only another government scam to get money from motorists. I think that £12 is to expensive just for a new plate, let alone £250. Does it make the vehicle more economical or maybe go faster or something ?. £250 will buy a good solar system and a damned site more use to you. Just my thoughts which are sometimes a little controversial :Smile:.

Dave agree to some extent but (There is always a but :RollEyes:) when the van had a jumble of numbers that I kept forgetting when we pulled up at a site, nice easy solution was to get one that we would not forget, and when I could not think of anything to get Ed for his birthday big 60 quite a few years ago, again a bit of fun and his name on his number plate went down quite well. :Smile: So now we have same numbers but one reading Edy and one reading Hym even I can't forget that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back