NEC Ferry deal book online before show ends 24th Feb (1 Viewer)

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Anyone who wants to take advantage of the DFDS show offer at NEC should use this way into the website www.dfds.co.uk/nec be sure to use it before show ends tomorrow evening, they usually keep it open through Sunday night but it is a SHOW offer so who knows?

It is a fully flexible ticket until 30/06/13 thereafter £10 each way to change subject to 24 hrs notice of change. So book something and then decide your dates later if you wish.

Nice thing is you can travel at civilised times, not in the middle of the night.

Either crossing Calais or Dunkirk or a mixture,

up to 4.35m high and 8m long

£24 each way low season and £34 each way high season

high season is 29/03/13 to 14/04/13 or 24/05/13 to 02/06/13 or 24/07/13 to 01/09/13

Just done mine and it puts a code in of ECS13 automatically. Leave this and continue.

I paid by credit card and they did not charge any extra, Debit card wanted £4.50 so I think they have it set up wrong.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for that - has spured us into booking for our summer away and £24 for a crossing is a bargain!! Booked out on 15th April and coming back through Harwich on a caravan & Camping special offer of £70 one way - motorhome charged as a car, we live in Harwich and want to come back via Germany so perfect:Smile::Smile::Smile:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Very good info, well done and thanks,,,, i have just booked ferry Dover calais for monday 4th/3/13 and return 28/4/13 £24 each way + £5 each way for trailer, total length 10m total £58 paid by debit card at no extra cost for card, So well done again and thanks round trip for motorhome and 3m long box trailer total £58, cant go wrong at that price Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Brilliant, thanks for that you just saved us a fortune and we were going to go from Porstmouth but for that price we will travel to Dover!!! excellent site have saved us loads in everything.
TEZ's birthday today as well he's really chuffed!!!! lovely birthday present.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Booked one way 1st december 2013, Rig and toad £29.00.

Payed with PayPal as card was extra.

Thank You for Link.....

Nice one, see there is a god haha, good to be able to book so far in advance and get it so cheap as well and only £10 to change dates if you have to, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Great tip

Thanks heaps "Traveller" - I've just booked on for Mid April and saved some hard earned quids.

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Thanks Gary mate, just booked again for sept. :thumb: Was going to book with the cc as they have the same sort of deal until the end of feb,but this deal gives more civilised times

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
As said we booked and paid by credit card but DID pay 4,50 extra paying by credit card but was anxious to get it booked quickly so didn't notice till paid, still, got a massive saving so don't mind the extra.
Just have Tez plan a different route down now from Cheltenham .

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
ferry travel

Thanks very much have booked £24 plus £30 for the dog would £84 single usually

THANK YOU:thumb:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Thanks for the link,just booked for september,saved £20 on last year,worth waiting for.:thumb:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Anyone who wants to take advantage of the DFDS show offer at NEC should use this way into the website www.dfds.co.uk/nec be sure to use it before show ends tomorrow evening, they usually keep it open through Sunday night but it is a SHOW offer so who knows?

It is a fully flexible ticket until 30/06/13 thereafter £10 each way to change subject to 24 hrs notice of change. So book something and then decide your dates later if you wish.

Nice thing is you can travel at civilised times, not in the middle of the night.

Either crossing Calais or Dunkirk or a mixture,

up to 4.35m high and 8m long [HI](10 metres actually)[/HI]
£24 each way low season and £34 each way high season

high season is 29/03/13 to 14/04/13 or 24/05/13 to 02/06/13 or 24/07/13 to 01/09/13

Just done mine and it puts a code in of ECS13 automatically. Leave this and continue.

Many thanks for sharing this with us. I have booked my crossing for 31st July until 29th Aug. Going out 12:15 and returning 13:30. How civilised is that? Just 110 miles to Dover for me. My MH is 7.48m so I put in as 10m as price was the same. No need to chance (lie) that it's 7m!
Used to be 2 weeks in Cornwall as a tugger then back to w**k. With just 3 weeks now until OAP kicks in I'm learning how to enjoy what I've earned and paid for. I'll still go down to Cornwall for Spring Bank to meet up with friends and have the odd pasty!
So £34 each way and £30 for the lad, Change from £100 for all that.

Really must get SHMBO to pack in her little cleaning job at the local school so we can go out of school times.

Thanks again

Peter

Last edited:

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
The offer is on until midnight tonight as per the conditions at the foot of the page on OP's original link (thank you, Keith). I've just successfully booked a Calais to Dover, one-way, trip.

I went to the show yesterday and wanted to book our return from Spain via Calais-Dover. A young lady on the DFDS stand told me that I could only book a return trip which must originate in England! Had to accept that and walked away without question. Had a go at booking via the website and no problem at all.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
DFDS to France

Thanks everyone for that help.

Just booked outward Dover - Dunkirk 7th May and return Calais - Dover 2nd July for total of £48.00. Just random dates, but will be fully retired by end of March, so 8 weeks will give us a good length of time to go further down France. As some of you say, dates can be altered at minimal cost (I hope) so we can be quite flexible. Booked with debit card so no extra booking fee. Maybe we'll meet someone from the forum on our travels - we met a couple of you last year as we travelled round Brittany, so maybe further afield we'll meet up.

OP
OP
Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Thanks everyone for that help.

Just booked outward Dover - Dunkirk 7th May and return Calais - Dover 2nd July for total of £48.00. Just random dates, but will be fully retired by end of March, so 8 weeks will give us a good length of time to go further down France. As some of you say, dates can be altered at minimal cost (I hope) so we can be quite flexible. Booked with debit card so no extra booking fee. Maybe we'll meet someone from the forum on our travels - we met a couple of you last year as we travelled round Brittany, so maybe further afield we'll meet up.

Glad you all were able to take advantage of the offer, When we arranged to go on Friday I felt sure someone else would have posted the details earlier in the week but no one did.

The check in staff at the ports are never quite sure just what the conditions of the offer are so if you do arrive a day early just roll up to the check in and say " It's a fully flexible show ticket" it does say that on it and they have always got us on no extra to pay.

Should give us a bit extra for the increased cost of the fuel.

Norman. You will know you are retired when you see motorhomes overtaking you at 70-80 miles an hour. You sigh for them and say "poor sods, rushing to get back to work" Enjoy you travels and if you need to know anything about the stopover you visit 'ask a Dutchman' they are all great linguists and never met one yet who was not pro British. If you need an icebreaker just talk about hills and mountains, it makes their eyes glaze over. :RollEyes:

The Dutch are the vans with the Yellow Front numberplates.

Last edited:

DRIFTERJOF

Free Member
Jul 15, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca
Exp
15 months
Probs a bit late but if anyones got any discount codes for DFDS:thumb:
Thanks if anyone can help.
:Cool: Funsters are the greatest, Creep creep

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I've searched but no luck. The show one only seemed to allow UK to France but I need the opposite !!!

So any cde that does that would be good if anyone has found it :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back