Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Hi all, we are off to Chatsworth for a couple of nights next week and then plan to head for Scotland to visit some family and see some sights.Would maybe like to stop off somewhere on route and would be grateful of some suggestions so ant ideas would be most welcomed.We have joined the CC so could stay on one of their sites .We have our Scottie dogs with us( Aggie and Angus.cheers Dave.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi all, we are off to Chatsworth for a couple of nights next week and then plan to head for Scotland to visit some family and see some sights.Would maybe like to stop off somewhere on route and would be grateful of some suggestions so ant ideas would be most welcomed.We have joined the CC so could stay on one of their sites .We have our Scottie dogs with us( Aggie and Angus.cheers Dave.

You could try the site we live on, just of the M74

Click on the link in my signature to see Cressfield Caravan Park, just over the border and easy to find off J19

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The obvious one is the CC site at Chatsworth itself. It is in what used to be the walled garden of Chatsworth House and has a 'secret doorway' directly into the grounds which you are given on arrival. The dogs will love going walkies around there. :thumb:

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
while in the area try the CC Traversal site great spot for long dog walks on the old pit site opposite (now a country park) brilliant gastro pub about 200 yards from site, the toilets & showers are really 5 star hotel quality all marble and very clean with under floor heating best I have ever seen on a site.

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I think i may have misunderstood the question.

If you really want 'en route' i would recomend Durham Grange as its about half way ish and 100 yards off the A1, handy bus stop into Durham Centre and a dog walk on site.

If im wrong and you want to stop off as you set off, then sorry,

Enjoy

Andy

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
The obvious one is the CC site at Chatsworth itself. It is in what used to be the walled garden of Chatsworth House and has a 'secret doorway' directly into the grounds which you are given on arrival. The dogs will love going walkies around there. :thumb:

Wyn

We are bookedon at Chatsworth and are looking forward to getting there but are also looking for a stop off between there and Scotland.Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back