Vintage Ford campervan stolen (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
178582-theft-the-white-and-green-van-was-stolen-from-eigie-crescent-on-wednesday.jpg

Police are hunting for three men after a rare vintage campervan was stolen from Balmedie.

The white and green mark 1 Ford transit campervan, with registration number BDF 282K, was taken from Eigie Crescent in the village.

The incident occurred between 10.30am and 11.30am on Wednesday, February 13.

Police are keen to trace three men and a rust-coloured pickup, which was seen in the area at the time.

One man is described as being white, approximately 50 years old, 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in in height, of medium build with dark stubble and thinning hair. He is also thought to have been wearing jeans.

The second man is white, in his early 20s, 5ft 8in in height, of very slim build. He is believed to have worn a black wool beanie hat.

The third man, who is also white, is aged between 25 and 45 years old.

Anyone with information regarding this incident or has been offered a similar campervan for sale is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Unfortunately it's probabaly in bits by now.
They would probably be interested in the mechanicals and body panels from the base vehicle. What was on the back would just be an inconvenience.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Rotten "Barstewards"....... Thats someone's pride and joy..

Hope they rot in hell and they their families the worst luck in the world......

ohn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Have put on my facebook page may help to spread the word . Agree with Don quixote. Low lifes!!!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I tend to agree that unfortunately it will already be broken up. The MK1 Tranny was iconic in that it was the first small truck that a small business could use for just about anything. In recent years they have become quite valuable and spare parts difficult to get. If its not broken for spares then it will have a nice oak grained wooden back on it now. The downside to owning any classic vehicle is that sometimes the owner has no idea what the vehicle is worth and because of there rarity value they are very desirable to someone less honest. I do hope they find it intact, but am afraid the chances are slim.

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
178582-theft-the-white-and-green-van-was-stolen-from-eigie-crescent-on-wednesday.jpg

Police are hunting for three men after a rare vintage campervan was stolen from Balmedie.

The white and green mark 1 Ford transit campervan, with registration number BDF 282K, was taken from Eigie Crescent in the village.

The incident occurred between 10.30am and 11.30am on Wednesday, February 13.

Police are keen to trace three men and a rust-coloured pickup, which was seen in the area at the time.

One man is described as being white, approximately 50 years old, 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in in height, of medium build with dark stubble and thinning hair. He is also thought to have been wearing jeans.

The second man is white, in his early 20s, 5ft 8in in height, of very slim build. He is believed to have worn a black wool beanie hat.

The third man, who is also white, is aged between 25 and 45 years old.

Anyone with information regarding this incident or has been offered a similar campervan for sale is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous

I saw a similar thing on the self build site they had their much loved camper nicked it was crushed within 4 hours of being stolen along with the contents by a local scrap man they were supposed to collect a caravan down the road but got mixed up it's the price of scrap at the moment that temps them I hope you get it back though.Albert

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I tend to agree that unfortunately it will already be broken up. The MK1 Tranny was iconic in that it was the first small truck that a small business could use for just about anything. In recent years they have become quite valuable and spare parts difficult to get. If its not broken for spares then it will have a nice oak grained wooden back on it now. The downside to owning any classic vehicle is that sometimes the owner has no idea what the vehicle is worth and because of there rarity value they are very desirable to someone less honest. I do hope they find it intact, but am afraid the chances are slim.
I sold mine 1971 campervan, just check the DVLA vehicle check and its just been taxed again for a year. I still have an original yorke 2.4 engine in the workshop (for sale):thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I sold mine 1971 campervan, just check the DVLA vehicle check and its just been taxed again for a year. I still have an original yorke 2.4 engine in the workshop (for sale):thumb:

Free can of Easy start??:winky:

Great when running, swine to start!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back