Morocco 2014 (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Looking at the posts that have being going on lately it seem obvious that many funsters are thinking a morocco adventure :RollEyes:

I sure am looking at departing after Christmas and returning late march 2014

So who else is thinking same with a view to traveling down together or meeting up down there mayby running home together :thumb:

Not to forget Spain with the other group in march on what will be our return run home

Just a thought ?:Cool:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I am tentatively thinking of going over mid Jan and staying over in Spain begining of March on the way back. Have to find out about taking the dog first though.

Oh and save like hell to have enough money!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
From what I can gather off DEFRA website, she will need to have a blood test (£78.oo :cry:) 30 days after her rabies jab (due in November) and then she will be ok to travel. Will confirm with my vet somewhere along the line :Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ref costs and this is only very roughly for a month trip.
Polarbear, Graham, said he had kept a written record but I did not.

Ferry... €200
Camping.. If you allowed for €10 a night you are MORE than covered. We stayed free at some, €3 - €5 for guarded parking areas and campsites €6 - €11 max.. so say €300
Tolls.. Optional but we found it made things easier for first trip. €40
Fuel.. Going to be based on where you go but it is cheap there at under 70p a litre.

Food .. Cheap and you have to eat wherever you are.. Easy to get a meal under €5 and plenty of fresh fruit and veg. Bread dirt cheap 12p a baguette / flat loaf and very tasty.

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Pet travel outside Europe

From what I can gather off DEFRA website, she will need to have a blood test (£78.oo :cry:) 30 days after her rabies jab (due in November) and then she will be ok to travel. Will confirm with my vet somewhere along the line :Smile:

If your dog's pet passport was issued under the old scheme, i.e. before Jan 2012 you will be OK provided the passport demonstrates continued rabies cover in the interim.
If not the dog will need to have been micro-chipped, vacinated and then blood tested 30 days later and it must be 3 months between blood test and return to the UK.
Realised it may not be clear that the blood test is only done once.

All that said I don't know how the UK authorities can possibly know that your dog has been to morocco when you get off the ferry at Dover, the pet passport does not have entry / exit stamps; and I know the Spanish authorites don't do any checks.

Incidentally the rabies jab is valid for 2 years if administered in UK but only 1 year im Spain.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
this sounds perfect for me, I would love to go over to Morocco but I travel on my own so would rather go in a group. I was planning to leave the UK around November/December and winter away in Spain - but count me in for Morocco. Went a few years ago (flight etc) and loved it

note to self must stock up on immodium!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If your dog's pet passport was issued under the old scheme, i.e. before Jan 2012 you will be OK provided the passport demonstrates continued rabies cover in the interim.
If not the dog will need to have been micro-chipped, vacinated and then blood tested 30 days later and it must be 3 months between blood test and return to the UK.
Realised it may not be clear that the blood test is only done once.

All that said I don't know how the UK authorities can possibly know that your dog has been to morocco when you get off the ferry at Dover, the pet passport does not have entry / exit stamps; and I know the Spanish authorites don't do any checks.

Incidentally the rabies jab is valid for 2 years if administered in UK but only 1 year im Spain.

Hope this helps

They know well before Dover as its your passport that has the stamp. If you have an animal with you and you will have had to report that animal to the ferry company when booking, it will show up when they swipe your passport at the channel port. Morocco is not a country I would take any animal to without proper papers and injections.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Storm already has a passport, but at the time it was done. In Nov hadn't in a million years thought about going to morocco! She will need to have a blood test then everything will be in order passport/paper wise.
Thanks for the input all.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I know pets can travel in EU country's with passports and correct medical certificates but not sure about morocco
This has been one of the stumbling blocks in our planning working out what to do with our 11 year old west highland rat as she has never been chipped nor passport
There is no way we would put her into kennels for 3 months

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The couple from Nottingham who wrote the guide below, took their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with them to Morocco.:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cydersyd, Graham and Pat are over there now.. With their dog "gerri".
I dont think they are too active on the forum but maybe later send them a PM and get the up to date info from them...

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Would love to do it but can't leave uk till after 22nd Jan. Might be too late for everyone else. I'm on my own as well

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I am tentatively thinking of going over mid Jan and staying over in Spain begining of March on the way back. Have to find out about taking the dog first though.

Why do you want to take a dog to Morocco, there are plenty running around loose already? :Doh:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Would love to do it but can't leave uk till after 22nd Jan. Might be too late for everyone else. I'm on my own as well

With the numbers showing an interest there may well be more than one group. We are thinking of going about 7/8JAN but there could be others in your situation. Using the Santander/Bilbao crossing is worth considering as you save quite a lot on French fuel costs and you could easily be in Algeciras before the end of Jan.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!

Why do you want to take a dog to Morocco, there are plenty running around loose already? :Doh:

::bigsmile: 'cause she's my fwend! :Blush:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Let you know when i get back

I'm joining a tour of Morocco on 24 March until mid April and looking forward to it. As I am a singleton, having company at journey's end is very welcome. I have never done a rally, meet or anything like it so this is a bit of a test run! So, if it goes well, I will certainly go for it!

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Been following the Morocco adventure with great interest,we hope to go down to Portugal Sept to Dec and then Morocco Jan to March so if there is going to be a list of interested campers I will definitely join.

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Correct Vaccinations and Paperwork

They know well before Dover as its your passport that has the stamp. If you have an animal with you and you will have had to report that animal to the ferry company when booking, it will show up when they swipe your passport at the channel port. Morocco is not a country I would take any animal to without proper papers and injections.

I am no way suggesting anybody should travel without the propr papers, that was merely an observation.
we have been travelling with dogs ever since the original Pet Passport scheme started more than 10 years ago when it was a simple piece of paper, so I am well aware of where and when the paperwork is viewed.

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now

well if it happens just travel down on your own then meet up with us

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Elaine and I were hoping to have traveling company during our journey we realise it may be different people as journey develops you go your way I go mine we may meet again I want to go to this place I don't
this is the fun of the idea meeting new people and catching up with old friends
All I ever ask of anybody is have a laugh enjoy yourself and respect
If anybody wishes to be in our company in this journey the more the merrier
Our plans are very nearly complete just a couple of snags to sort so dates are still up in air but it will be just after Xmas
Kids inheritance is dwindling sod the little buggers told them we may not come back and blow the lot

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!

The earliest I can have my MOT done on Hexie is 21st Jan next year, so would also be looking to leave about the same time as you Kaybee - we could possibly travel together - though I must warn you, that motorway speed will be about 55 with a good following wind! Hexie is after all, 22 years old!:ROFLMAO:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
You could bring MOT forwards you can do test early

That is the forward date - I did it early this year 21st Feb in case there was lots of work to be done so I didn't have to find lots of dosh a couple of weeks before flying out to sa. It was only ly due 30 march. Sods law it passed only needing a new bulb, beam benders and a two inch piece of brake pipe replacing.

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Moroccan list for 2014

As I have posted before we have been following the present Moroccan adventure with great interest.
How many names could we accumulate for a similar trip for 2014 .We are planning a trip down to Portugal possibly staying at the Chicken Run around October and then on to Morocco in January. Would be interested in how many like minded funsters are out there with similar plans on the back of the success of the present trip ?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We are definitely going again.
This years trip was such a blast and there are still plenty of places for us to see that we didn't get to.
Probably going down to Algarve in Oct/Nov and leaving the van at a storage place in Faro while we fly home for Xmas/New Year. Then pick the van up and head fro Morocco around 7th/8th Jan.
We're planning to stay in Morocco for the full three months.
We found Morocco as easy as Spain or Portugal for motorhoming and considerably cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back