Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Have found a few but would like recommendations. Any sites near canals with good tow paths for cycling. Also near bus stop/pub would be good too. Any Central area - Staffs, Peaks, Derbyshire, Yorkshire/Lancs - or anywhere for that matter. Have van - can travel!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We enjoyed a few days last year at Gargrave FC (near Skipton) with the Motor Caravan Section of the C&CC. Others of their sections have meets there as well - you have to be a C&CC member of course :Smile:

Close to canal, bus stops and pub.

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Thanks. We have the same good taste. We tried that last year and it was a useful spot although the towpath was too muddy to use at the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Doesn't meet all of your needs but Tudor Caravan Park at Slimbridge is next to the Gloucester - Sharpness canalLink Removed, and behind the Tudor Arms pub. It is a short level walk to the Slimbridge wildfowl centre.
The pub is very popular, always wise to book a table for meals.
http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com

Sorry, no bus that I'm aware of, but the wildfowl park is first class.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks. We have the same good taste. We tried that last year and it was a useful spot although the towpath was too muddy to use at the time.

We were there towards the end of May. Glorious sunny weather and no mud to be seen :Smile:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Also at the risk of repeating myself.... (this question was only asked 2 or 3 days ago)..

Link Removed

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
The C & CC site at Devizes is right next to the canal, has a good towpath all the distance from site to Devizes Town and also to Bath. Bus stop on main road about 50m from site entrance. Pub, The 3 Magpies, is about 30m from site entrance.

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
we have been to basingstoke canal twice and we love it,(no ehu) you can find it via basingstoke visitor centre i think, you can park up right at side of canal if you want, you can hire canoes or rowing boats, but we took blow up canoes and bought a river liscence although i dont think everyone does. you can cycle all the way along the towpath & its beautiful, we did 12 miles in one direction and and next day went 12 miles the other direction, pulling off for a nice pub lunch (dont know where we were ). there is a cafe & the pub is vitually next door on the river front, you can easily walk to shops up the road and i know i saw bus stops but dont know where they go to.

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
try kingsbury waterpark caravan and camping club site,right by canal tow path,miles to cycle along, pub just up the tow path.pluss all the water park and nature park to explore,nice well kept site

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
There is a bus at Slimbridge

Doesn't meet all of your needs but Tudor Caravan Park at Slimbridge is next to the Gloucester - Sharpness canalLink Removed, and behind the Tudor Arms pub. It is a short level walk to the Slimbridge wildfowl centre.
The pub is very popular, always wise to book a table for meals.
http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com

Sorry, no bus that I'm aware of, but the wildfowl park is first class.

This is where we moor our narrowbpat when we're not motorhoming; I can fully endorse everything said except there is a bus service, very limited but there is one; this is a link to bus info for your perusal Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back