Free Member
Dec 13, 2012
Bourne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all,
can you please help me find a home for this stray blue wire? I think he's the reason my thetford C3 won't flush, he lives in the undersink cupboard in the bathroom of my '93 Hymer camp 59 and while all of his friends have homes to go to he seems to have lost his way !

Many thanks,

Rich and Sarah.:Smile:

Attachments

• 20130215_145030.jpg
    20130215_145030.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 116

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if the connector on the homeless blue wire is original then it doesnt belong in that connection block.

looks like a crimp ring to me for fitting under a screw head.

the same harness could be used on other models and that wire is redundant on this model.

if you have a volt meter then see if there is any power to it...one probe to the wire and the other to an earth....worst case it will only blow a fuse if shorted out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ricardobilbio

Free Member
Dec 13, 2012
Bourne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
if the connector on the homeless blue wire is original then it doesnt belong in that connection block.

looks like a crimp ring to me for fitting under a screw head.

the same harness could be used on other models and that wire is redundant on this model.

if you have a volt meter then see if there is any power to it...one probe to the wire and the other to an earth....worst case it will only blow a fuse if shorted out.

Hi and thanks for your reply:thumb:
The blue wire has a push connector on the end, it doesn't show very well in the picture. For some reason certain wires have been marked with masking tape and blue is one of them.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and thanks for your reply:thumb:
The blue wire has a push connector on the end, it doesn't show very well in the picture. For some reason certain wires have been marked with masking tape and blue is one of them.
thanks...I wasnt too sure as it looks like a hole in the centre but i could also see what looked like curled sides to it.

the hard bit is they have used brown and blue wire colours for both live feed and live return wiring with no indication of earth wires.
im sure the fuse shouldnt be there as its in a blue wire, or it points to that blue wire being live....and the one next to it is un-fused yet brown in colour.
and i can see the far left one has both blue and brown going to the same terminal !

as i said, they way to go is a multimeter to trace the wiring back.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
As the van is a Hymer the blue wire will be a positive feed (German converters use blue and brown for 12 volt systems but oddly take brown for negative (earth) and blue for positive). Have a close look at that connection block and see if there is an empty male spade connection on one of the blue wires. Check polarity with a multimeter just in case but if there is an empty male spade terminal on a blue feed that will be where this wire belongs.

D.

OP
OP
R

ricardobilbio

Free Member
Dec 13, 2012
Bourne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As the van is a Hymer the blue wire will be a positive feed (German converters use blue and brown for 12 volt systems but oddly take brown for negative (earth) and blue for positive). Have a close look at that connection block and see if there is an empty male spade connection on one of the blue wires. Check polarity with a multimeter just in case but if there is an empty male spade terminal on a blue feed that will be where this wire belongs.

D.

Thanks for your reply,there is an empty male connector but it is a brown connection but as the blue wire from the toilet wiring should be negative this must be where it goes. I think that makes sense !

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
im sure the fuse shouldnt be there as its in a blue wire, or it points to that blue wire being live....and the one next to it is un-fused yet brown in colour.

Our dear German friends use brown for earth and blue for +12v.

I know this but still blew up the TV when I rewired it a bit ago. TWICE I went on auto pilot and wired blue/black brown/red when I should have done blue/red etc.

I did manage to repair the TV.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Never assume the polarity of ANY colour wire, it may just be added later by someone with no idea or in a country where they have different standards.
Your best answer is to contact the manufacturer and send a photo.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Never assume the polarity of ANY colour wire, it may just be added later by someone with no idea or in a country where they have different standards.
Your best answer is to contact the manufacturer and send a photo.
::bigsmile: Best way is to get someone who knows about leccy :thumb::winky: What would take me a hour to to figure out and probably get wrong , mate Paul would do it right in 5 mins ::bigsmile:
Paul for hire anyone :ROFLMAO:
Terry

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Use a meter to check polarity. One of my overcab lights has the switch in the -ve line, the other in the +ve. Always best to check as some things go phut permanently if wired the wrong way round.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back