Front drop down bed in an Integrated (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Whilst at the MH shop on Friday I had the obligatory look around the vans that were there, it's a must.....

I saw an Integrated (Hymer Ixsis) that had a drop down bed in the front cab. It dropped down quite a long way and wasn't anything like as high as a bed in an Alcove style van, i'd say it was about 1.5m off the floor. What puzzled me was seeing it folded up it was very neat and you'd hardly know it was there but I just couldn't imagine that you could leave bedding on the bed and still be able to actually fold it up so neatly, there didn't seem to be enough room up there.

Anyone know if you have to take bedding off this type of fold up bed during storage ?

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Well, I guess it would depend on the individual model but in our Laika Rexosline 680 the bedding (duvet and pillows) happily
lives up there in transit. We can even leave the ladder up there if we want - although it is a bit heavy for the counterbalanced struts and bumpy roads can cause the bed to drop a liitle. However, the restraining strap does stop it coming down on the drivers head!

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Well, I guess it would depend on the individual model but in our Laika Rexosline 680 the bedding (duvet and pillows) happily
lives up there in transit. We can even leave the ladder up there if we want - although it is a bit heavy for the counterbalanced struts and bumpy roads can cause the bed to drop a liitle. However, the restraining strap does stop it coming down on the drivers head!

Thanks for that, Ill going to take a look when I'm next there in a few weeks time.

Had never seen such a bed system until last Friday and thought it was really neat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Had 2 Hymers S630 and S640, and in both cases the bed folded up with all the bedding intact and the ladder on top of that.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Same with our old Dethleffs, which is identical to a Hymer - all bedding stays in situ, push the bed up, clip the set-belt type safety strap and go ... :thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The Exis is nothing like any other A Class. BUSBY.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Recent Exis models, and certainly the latest incarnation, do not look different to standard A-class vans.
Link Removed
Link Removed

I notice Hymer has revamped its A-class (called Integrated) range. The Exis-I now comes with two chassis options, Transit and Ducato. There are many more Fiat-based models than Ford, and this range seems to have replaced the previous B-CL versions. What used to be the B-SL range is now just called B-class; B-SL is reserved for two or three extra luxury-fitted models on a Fiat base with twin rear axles; what was the 'Starline' range has been renamed 'Starlight', and what used to be the S-class is now called 'Starline'.
Designed to confuse those who thought they might finally have got to grips with Hymer's naming convention!

Back to the original poster's question; it is normally possible to stow the front pull-down bed with all the bedding in place - we can certainly do that, and in fact use it for storing spare quilts / blankets / pillows etc., since we use the fixed bed at the back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Designed to confuse those who thought they might finally have got to grips with Hymer's naming convention!

That would be about right:Confused:

Ok sounds like you can just lift up and down the bed for use, it just looked so tight up there that would have to strip off the duvet pillows etc and that seemed very odd to me.

Yes it was an Exsis-I that I looked at, Ducato on an Alko chassis.

Unusual combination of an integrated that sleeps and seats 6 people and has a good sized garage (model 644)

Last edited:

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ours has this and the user manual (in English) says its ok to leave the bedding in place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back