LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Stayed at both the old one a few times and the new one for about 8 weeks last winter...

Wouldn`t want to stay at the new one very often...:Blush:

The only thing that made 8 weeks bearable was the Rally Jim laid on... and a load of fun loving "Funsters"... :thumb:

Now in my eyes the old one at Guardamar thats a different kettle of fish.... loads of regulars, friendly bunch, and a lot going on near by.. IE Walks/Bars/Restaurants/Beach/Forest walks/Walks along the river etc.etc... :thumb:

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Stayed at both the old one a few times and the new one for about 8 weeks last winter...

Wouldn`t want to stay at the new one very often...:Blush:

The only thing that made 8 weeks bearable was the Rally Jim laid on... and a load of fun loving "Funsters"... :thumb:

Now in my eyes the old one at Guardamar thats a different kettle of fish.... loads of regulars, friendly bunch, and a lot going on near by.. IE Walks/Bars/Restaurants/Beach/Forest walks/Walks along the river etc.etc... :thumb:
thank you for your prompt reply
would you say it is safe to leave a rig there all year ?
or is it so big no one watches what goes on ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
left the new 1 21st jan after nearly 4 weeks bad mistake its ok for a few nights thats all but some love it so maybe you should try 1st before you commit

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi folks any one have any first hand knowledge of the Marjal site in Spain
I am thinking of buying a 5th wheel on site there
i have been told it is 2400Euro per year for site fees
any info would be good to help make my mind up

yours Ian

Looked at 5'ers here on wed-looking at Durango caravan with slide out on Mon ::bigsmile:
There's a lot going on here socially and ,this week we have had a car and been out and about.

It is 2400 for a double pitch per yr and security seems pretty good.
We think a car would be essential,so,we would leave one here as well and 'tour' down and back in our present van.

Realistically it would be best to spend a couple of weeks here before making any commitment-some love it-some don't .

Mike

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Marjal (Costa Blanca)

I presume you mean the Marjal site near Crevillente. Just been back today for lunch in their excellent restaurant, best Ive seen on a Spanish camp site. Crevillente has all the things the Guardamar site has except a Mercadona, or similar, nearby, oh and no beach, but the site one stocks most things. Lots to do in the area, if you like cycling and walking; wonderful nature reserve, El Fondo, within walking distance. All year round on a Comfort Pitch, with all long term services is 2,880€ / year on the flier I picked up.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Decent prices aren't they?

Does that €2400 include electricity?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
thank you for your prompt reply
[HI]would you say it is safe to leave a rig there all year ?
or is it so big no one watches what goes on [/HI]?

24 hr Gate security... (Most of the time:winky:)

Random night patrols... All in all as secure a site as you will get any where... :thumb:

But still not as nice as tother one... :winky::ROFLMAO:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I love it here. It is very safe, the facilities are second to non and the villages around here are interesting and have lots of Spanish restaurants etc. A good Chinese in Catral and the markets are great. We hired a car from Alicante Airport for just over 5 pounds a day in winter and had a great time touring the area.
The only problem here is the wifi reception. Get a booster before you come here. Mind you, the other sites around here suffer the same problems.
I am at Marjal Costa Blanca, Crevillente.
ps Behind me are several pitches taken by full timers, two of which came here from the other site the day this opened. They intend staying here for many years to come.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Old Mo & UKbill, you both give slightly negative responses regarding the 'new' Camping Marjal at Crevillente, could you possible elaborate a bit more? :Smile:

We visited for a few hours in Feb 2012 to visit friends staying long term on there, this was just a few months after it had opened, obviously trees and shrubs still very new causing the site to look a little bare.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Old Mo & UKbill, you both give slightly negative responses regarding the 'new' Camping Marjal at Crevillente, could you possible elaborate a bit more? :Smile:

As has been said, at the moment it is like a big parking lot, and yes once the tree`s etc have grown, it will be better...

A big parking lot with a bit of greenery...

It was OK when there were very few Spanish campers, but I was of the opinion once there was an influx of them the rest were second rate citizens....

Example,,,,,, the last few days we were there it started to fill up rapidly because it was a Spanish "Fiesta" time..... At the bar English/German/French were passed over on the service....In favour of the Spanish ............ I stood for some time waiting to be served a round of drinks, a group of Spaniards came in and were given priority.... when I said how about me.... Yes..... Senior one moment...... and promptly went and served another group of Spaniards.... after 10 - 15 mins I walked out... And I was not the only one to comment on this...

If you haven`t got your own mode of transport or bike`s, you are limited to where you can walk and go...

And being in Spain, the Spanish like to party into the early hours.... where I like me bed, around midnight..

At the end of the day it is their country.....

Yes there are a lot of facility`s and at reasonable prices....

Would I go back ???? maybe for a few days. but that`s all....:RollEyes:

If Jim did another "Funster Rally" for a few weeks, I would go..... cos the company and entertainment were great.... :thumb:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi folks any one have any first hand knowledge of the Marjal site in Spain

I am thinking of buying a 5th wheel on site there

i have been told it is 2400Euro per year for site fees

any info would be good to help make my mind up

yours Ian

Hi Ian,

I have read elsewhere that 5ers are being sold onsite at Marjal. Have you any info on this as it is something I am interested in.
What sort of price are they asking ? Also do you know if they are they brand new or second hand ?
I had been thinking about siting one at Almafra, Benidorm and their site fees are about 3k euros but pitches are limited. Presumably plenty available for this at Marjal.

Cheers

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mr Jinks....

You still cooking fabulous dinners at your establishment... ?

In answer to your questions to Motorhomelover...

It was an English agent selling on Marjal land, (I believe they rent a few pitches for this)....

They had about three 5`ers and a couple of Yank Caravans, all with slide outs and all pretty big ones... and only second hand, when we were there...

I looked inside some and I thought they were pricey and a bit tired...

I cant for the life of me think how much they were, but I suppose if you take into consideration the cost of transport if you were to buy one here.. cant be too bad.... But I still think a bit dear...

Dont know if there is any room for negotiation... :winky:::bigsmile::thumb:

I think you could get a better deal over here and get some one to run it down for you.... and still come out on top.. :thumb:

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp

We visited for a few hours in Feb 2012 to visit friends staying long term on there, this was just a few months after it had opened, obviously trees and shrubs still very new causing the site to look a little bare.

for me its not so much a parking lot but no atmosphere the bar is large and nice but even with a crackerjack lite inside it you would still get no life and the area for me unless you have a car is also dead the wifi is free if you can get it so take a booster the shower blocks are fantastic but i wouldnt want to live in them so great they maybe but its only for washing and crappin in i would use it again but not for any length of time as for the prices well everyone seems to be on diff prices but acsi is 14 euro including 4kw of lecy but the sight just aint for me and i stayed there for over 3 weeks :Smile:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Mr Jinks....

You still cooking fabulous dinners at your establishment... ?

In answer to your questions to Motorhomelover...

It was an English agent selling on Marjal land, (I believe they rent a few pitches for this)....

They had about three 5`ers and a couple of Yank Caravans, all with slide outs and all pretty big ones... and only second hand, when we were there...

I looked inside some and I thought they were pricey and a bit tired...

I cant for the life of me think how much they were, but I suppose if you take into consideration the cost of transport if you were to buy one here.. cant be too bad.... But I still think a bit dear...

Dont know if there is any room for negotiation... :winky:::bigsmile::thumb:

I think you could get a better deal over here and get some one to run it down for you.... and still come out on top.. :thumb:

Hi Mo,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the info. I think I have found the agent. They have a few advertised on Ebay.

Think I agree with you. Better to find one here and transport it down.

Hope you are all well and welcome to grub if you happen to stay over this year. The new RV looks great :thumb:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
As has been said, at the moment it is like a big parking lot, and yes once the tree`s etc have grown, it will be better...

A big parking lot with a bit of greenery...

It was OK when there were very few Spanish campers, but I was of the opinion once there was an influx of them the rest were second rate citizens....

Example,,,,,, the last few days we were there it started to fill up rapidly because it was a Spanish "Fiesta" time..... At the bar English/German/French were passed over on the service....In favour of the Spanish ............ I stood for some time waiting to be served a round of drinks, a group of Spaniards came in and were given priority.... when I said how about me.... Yes..... Senior one moment...... and promptly went and served another group of Spaniards.... after 10 - 15 mins I walked out... And I was not the only one to comment on this...

If you haven`t got your own mode of transport or bike`s, you are limited to where you can walk and go...

And being in Spain, the Spanish like to party into the early hours.... where I like me bed, around midnight..

At the end of the day it is their country.....

Yes there are a lot of facility`s and at reasonable prices....

Would I go back ???? maybe for a few days. but that`s all....:RollEyes:

If Jim did another "Funster Rally" for a few weeks, I would go..... cos the company and entertainment were great.... :thumb:

Don't disagree with most of your comments and I can understand your dissatisfaction with the service you received. You would have had more luck in the bar at the Bonnie Mackintosh in San Felipe Neri just down the road.

However, not sure if you knew about this if you were short of somewhere to visit:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Park_of_El_Fondo

Regards
Ed

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Don't disagree with most of your comments and I can understand your dissatisfaction with the service you received. You would have had more luck in the bar at the Bonnie Mackintosh in San Felipe Neri just down the road.

However, not sure if you knew about this if you were short of somewhere to visit:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Park_of_El_Fondo

Regards
Ed

We did go to a local bar a few times, (Recommeded by Steve, "Salopian") Superb value for money... Dont think it was that one... (Old age and memory :Sad::Doh:)

And yes... Park_of_El_Fondo, is a nice place to visit... But there are only so many times you can or would want to visit a place...

A nice day out if you have transport is the City of "Elche" (City of the Palms) there is a lot to see and do there..

We used to live near Crevillenti for about 10 years ... and there is a lot to see and do... But your own transport is needed, in my opinion... :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
[HI]We did go to a local bar a few times, (Recommeded by Steve, "Salopian") Superb value for money... Dont think it was that one... (Old age and memory :Sad::Doh:)[/HI]
And yes... Park_of_El_Fondo, is a nice place to visit... But there are only so many times you can or would want to visit a place...

A nice day out if you have transport is the City of "Elche" (City of the Palms) there is a lot to see and do there..

We used to live near Crevillenti for about 10 years ... and there is a lot to see and do... But your own transport is needed, in my opinion... :thumb:

Longs Bar in Catral run by a lady called June !:thumb: Sunday Lunches at 8 euros for 3 courses !:Cool: However. The Bonny Macintosh gets my vote too, I used to alternate Sundays:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
both are good value i would favour junes but they both are great bars

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun