Help! Cant load POI's onto my Pioneer (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, We have a Pioneer AVIC-F220 in our motorhome and I just cant work out how to load a data set KML file onto the SD card.

I have followed all the instructions - very carefully - but the error message which comes up is file too big (I bought the Camperstop Europe France data set). Does anyone know how to load a KML file so that I can delete a few and so be able to load it.

I have put the Acsi file on the card as well, both show up on system in the cab, but instead of there being loads of files with page nos and coordinates, there are only a couple of pages available for me to search.

I have contacted Pioneer, but have received no reply to 3 emails I have sent.

If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful.
Ginny

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have no experience of this device but have just had a look at the instructions on Pioneer's website. I presume you are using the downloadable software called 'Navgate Feeds' to do the conversion and upload? See here for a video tutorial.

Link Removed

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have no experience of this device but have just had a look at the instructions on Pioneer's website. I presume you are using the downloadable software called 'Navgate Feeds' to do the conversion and upload? See here for a video tutorial.

Link Removed

Yes I installed the software some weeks ago, but no matter what I do only a couple of pages will actually load instead of the full Data set .

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Hi, We have a Pioneer AVIC-F220 in our motorhome and I just cant work out how to load a data set KML file onto the SD card.

I have followed all the instructions - very carefully - but the error message which comes up is file too big (I bought the Camperstop Europe France data set). Does anyone know how to load a KML file so that I can delete a few and so be able to load it.

I have put the Acsi file on the card as well, both show up on system in the cab, but instead of there being loads of files with page nos and coordinates, there are only a couple of pages available for me to search.

I have contacted Pioneer, but have received no reply to 3 emails I have sent.

If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful.
Ginny

Hi, I had the same problem as this and discovered that on the F220 there is a limit on the actual number of KML files it will accept, I did manage to eventually reduce the number to manageable size but this dramatically reduced the functions I needed as I toured for long periods, I therefore realised that the F220 was not what I needed and looked for a different one that would suit my needs, just then (Nov 2011) Pioneer brought out the Truck/Camper/Caravan Sat Nav add on The AVIC F130 which fits to the AVH system same as the F220 but this has many thousand Campsites included and also is extremely easy to load with extremely large amount of KML files for POI's

The AVIC F130 is widely regarded as the best Sat Nav now but it is not commonly known in the UK, it is an absolutely fantastic Sat Nav system especially for Motorhomes because of its many functions, I used to be an avid supporter of the Snooper S7000 but after using the F130 for a trial period I purchased it and sold my F220 and my Snooper S7000and have not regretted it at all.

If you want to ask any info on this system please ask away, I have also just posted (Yesterday) one of these for sale for a friend of mine who has had to stop driving for health reasons.

I now have POI files on it that I have produced, ie Dometic service agents in Europe, all ACSI Camping sites which includes all the Information on each site which the F130 displays, LPG gas locations etc etc.

Last edited:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
This is a pic of the display of a campsite (Acsi) on the F130

I think the problem is because the F220 is basically a Car Sat Nav so doesn't really have need of large data files

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• t_dscn1385_590.jpg
    t_dscn1385_590.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 20
  • t_dscn1386_102.jpg
    t_dscn1386_102.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun