Our motorhome (1 Viewer)

K

klaatu

Deleted User
You may or may not remember that I arrived here because we have a long term plan to buy a motorhome and drive off into the sunset fulltiming.

What I didn't mention is that we do already have a motorhome, and here she is:

sherpa.jpg

What a beauty, eh? All I have to do is get the stupid thing to start and then decide where to go with it. Nearest scrapyard, I think.

Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You may or may not remember that I arrived here because we have a long term plan to buy a motorhome and drive off into the sunset fulltiming.

What I didn't mention is that we do already have a motorhome, and here she is:

sherpa.jpg

What a beauty, eh? All I have to do is get the stupid thing to start and then decide where to go with it. Nearest scrapyard, I think.

Steve

Gosh that's a lot of snow on the roof:Smile:

How old is it? Have you been away much in it?

OP
OP
K

klaatu

Deleted User
How old is it? Have you been away much in it?

It's 30 years old this year. And we've used it exactly... once. We actually bought it en-route when we moved up here nearly two years ago, as the journey involved an overnight stop, and with two dogs and three cats it seemed like a good solution.

The plan was that we would then use it for odd nights away, but once parked it refused to start again, and I haven't yet had the right combination of suitable weather and enthusiasm to work out what the problem is.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi that brings back memories, first motorhome we ever owned was a pop-up-roof Sherpa, bought new in 1978, had some good times in it, in the five years we owned it. Toured scotland, the lake district and cornwall, magic.

Usual rust problems I see along the horizontal seams, carthorse springs and heavy steering, apart from that very reliable.::bigsmile: Go for it, get it started and have fun.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back