solar energy collected to a battery ?? (1 Viewer)

cudleydudley

Free Member
May 5, 2008
cheshunt herts
Funster No
MH
20012 tribute t-625
Exp
2003=11years
i have seen a advert for, MIDNIGHT SUN SOLAR COLLECTOR [before you funsters start i know there is no sun at midnight or, on any of mine or your holidays last year]
they are saying it collects power and saves it until you use it [or if your on your trips/ holidays etc it go's to the grid, and you get cash]
anybody looked into it , george:RollEyes:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
i have seen a advert for, MIDNIGHT SUN SOLAR COLLECTOR [before you funsters start i know there is no sun at midnight or, on any of mine or your holidays last year]
they are saying it collects power and saves it until you use it [or if your on your trips/ holidays etc it go's to the grid, and you get cash]
[HI]anybody looked into it[/HI] , george:RollEyes:

I did.............

It was just very very dark.............:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I assume it would require a decent sized battery bank and huge inverter plus some control circuitry. What do you gain? if you sell the surplus to the national grid you actually get paid more than it costs you to buy it back when you need it so I don't see the point really.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Just had a look at the advert and it seems to me that the Midnight Sun is a battery,or battery bank, possibly with an invertor.

The question : "Will I still have electricity if there is a power cut?" is answered, "Yes, whilst there is retained power in the solar collector".

Sounds like batteries to me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Battery system it is. Designed to go with your home solar panel set and harvests the excess you normally send to the grid. Usefull in the summer, but of no use in the winter For a 4kw system its priced at over £6000 but he did offer a £25 discount if I got a few neighbours to buy as well :ROFLMAO:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
This is a typical solar panel installation....

PV panels, inverter, and box of tricks to hook-up to the grid. In the bumf replace the words "Midnight Sun Solar Collector" with "battery" and it should all make sense :thumb:

Nothing new here really

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back