Adding additional Alugas Cylinder Advice ob Fittings (2 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi all

Have a single 11kg Alugas cylinder with external filler fitted to the van, have just purchased an additional 11 kg cylinder.

Advice please, what fittings and hoses do I require to connect it up to the system I have. Not bothered about an auto changeover valve.

Many thanks in advance:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Alugas

Link Removed

If you give this guy a ring, we have always found them very helpfull.
We have a Gaslow system and when we were using them to fill our bottles up we found one of hoses damaged, they sold us a new pipe and fitted it free while we waited.

Hope this helps
Sue:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had our first Autogas cylinder fitted by Dave Newell, who did an excellent job, but some months later found we needed a second at short notice when we didn't have time to go to Telford. Living close to Thirsk I contacted Chris Wise at Autogas 2000, who was very helpful and fitted us in for the work within a couple of days, also excellent workmanship.

If you do go there and approach from the A19 via Thirsk (rather than from the A1) the sign is a bit difficult to see because of a big tree (it's on the left just before you see Carlton Service Station on the right; putting YO7 4NJ into Google Maps gives exact location).

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Graham, I was intending doing the fitting myself just need an idea of what fittings and hoses I need.::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you need

1 x http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=295 or length to suit your system

and

1 of these Link Removed

plus i would recommend a manual changeover valve but thats your choice:thumb:

pS; just check the thread sizes are the same on alugas cylinders i am fairly certain they are but just to be safe. call them at Gas it really helpfull and cheaper than Gaslow or Autogas

Last edited:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Stewart
Auto gas 2000 sells and install these bottles I am sure they will advise at least will tell you what the bits to buy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Would have to agree... I had great advise from the good people of Autogas when I was looking and putting out feelers..
And the parts they supplied were spot on with no extras added that were not needed..
People I would trust in other words :thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
An update, met up with the chap selling the 11kg Alugas Cylinder and boy did I win a gold watch, the cylinder was only fitted 5th December 2012 have certificate and warranty, not only that it is full and has never been used and he threw in the hose and tee piece to couple with other cylinder my filler all for £110. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm well chuffed (he's selling as getting rid of van)::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

So now I just need to sort myself an additional hose and tee piece for the regulator and possible a changeover valve. :Smile:

Thanks to all for your advice much appreciated.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back