Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I know that with certain cars with 'tickets' this bridge toll is reduced-------but does anyone know if we (with a motorhome) can get a reduced toll -(for example, in the middle of the night/weekends)------for us, it makes the difference between using that route to Norway or not.
What are the chances of getting a 5.5tonne vehicle on a -3.5 t vehicle ticket----there is a huge difference in price:Sad:
The same question for the other 'cheaper' bridge------
The ferry from Denmark to Sweden is not much cheaper than the bridge:Sad:
Thanks for any info. on this:thumb:
Nigel & Pamala

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

The link for prices for the bridges and ferries into sweden is below
Link Removed

The ferries and the bridges I believe have the prices set by the state so there is very little reduction in price.

The link goes to a page where there is a combined ticket for both bridges. It also has the ferries and single bridge prices (under prices)

You could always use the ferry to Gothenburg from Frederikshaven. and then drive into Norway.

Norway and Sweden have become very price restrictive for us since having and over 3.5 motorhome.

You will not get away with either length or weight at the bridges as they are very thorough and we were actually measured in our old motorhome which I had tried to say was 6 metres :winky: They did look at the weight plate as well.

We love Scandinavia. There are also toll roads and tunnels in Norway (But Im not sure if they are the same with regard to size and weight) They do however have roundabouts in the middle of them underground (Its a shock to the system let me tell you).

Sonja

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I dont think they do the combined tickets anymore :cry:

The fares for the Storebaeltbridge Link Removed

Fares for the Oeresundbridge Broken Link Removed

I just cant believe how expensive they have got over the last few years:cry::cry:

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Try pricing the ferry from Helsingor to Helsingborg its a short 30min crossing and may be cheaper,good luck, Alf

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I think the price is mainly due to the repayment of construction costs which have ,no doubt increased by the actions of the BANKERS!

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI Again just checked the crossing price out for you,as follows, Helsingor to helsingborg, 1X MH x 2passengers, not more than 6mtrs long by 1.97mtrs high , midday sailing, for end of feb = 46.73p pounds one way, hope this helps you , Regards Alf.

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
HI Again just checked the crossing price out for you,as follows, Helsingor to helsingborg, 1X MH x 2passengers, not more than 6mtrs long by 1.97mtrs high , midday sailing, for end of feb = 46.73p pounds one way, hope this helps you , Regards Alf.

thanks------------we are 3.9 m high-- 7.4 long----8' wide---we priced it much more than that-----------does the price vary according to day/time ??
Nigel & Pamala

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
well what can i say, i think that is a truck, and you be paying more, i think that they got cheaper the later you went,but check it out ,you can google helsingor to helsingborg ferrys,good luck, Alf

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
You will still have to either use the putgarden to Rodby Ferry or the Storebaeltbridge before you can use the Helsingor to Helsinor Ferry.

I think you will find anything over 6 metres in length is going to be very expensive.

Sonja

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
You will still have to either use the putgarden to Rodby Ferry or the Storebaeltbridge before you can use the Helsingor to Helsinor Ferry.

I think you will find anything over 6 metres in length is going to be very expensive.

Sonja

i take it you haven't been to spec savers then,you dont need to touch the big belt:RollEyes:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Sonja

i take it you haven't been to spec savers then,you dont need to touch the big belt:RollEyes:

What am I missing there, you have to use one or the other, it's the Oresund (Copenhagen to Malmo) bridge that you're cutting out by using the ferry from Helsingor to Helsingborg. :Confused:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Nigel and Pamela

Before we leave to Scandinavia we always check the easiest and cheapest way to make the crossing. The last few years we used the "Sweden transit ticket". This ticket includes the ferry Puttgarden->Rødby plus the ferry Helsingør->Helsingborg.

If we go to Scandinavia this year it might be in May, so we have not checked the ferries this year yet. :RollEyes:

To be a little of help we have made a (not completed) reservation for this ticket for a camper smaller than 8 meters long, two persons leaving May 1st returning June 12th. A reservation like that will cost you Euro 169 plus for the return Euro 186, a total of euro 355

A discount of 7% will be given if you have a Camping Key Europe card

If we choose this year for this route again we will not make a booking, we just show up at the counter in Puttgarden. Not having a reservation will cost you an additional Euro 4 but we dont want to have the stress of getting anywhere within a given timeperiod.

We also always make a little phonecall about 4 weeks before we leave to make sure we have interpreted everything correct. (Would hate to learn afterwards some sort of rebate was missed :Doh:)

Note1: If you have been to Sweden before you might know the existence of the Camping Card Scandinavia. This card has been replaced in 2012 by the above mentioned Camping Key Europe card. If you use campings in the southern part of Sweden you will have to investigate whether or not you want to get the Camping Key Europe card or not

Note2: There is a superb free of charge camperplace halfway Denmark. Let me know if you dont know the location of it yet.

Hope this is a bit of help and dont hesitate to ask anything if you want to know more

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

Sorry to confuse. But my point was that you need to get to the island of Zealand first by using the toll bridge or the ferry from Germany before crossing to Sweden. Especially if you are coming from the Uk via mainland Denmark.

It's a trip we have done many times over the years before either of the bridges were built.

Use Specsavers all the time by the way :ROFLMAO:

Sonja

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi red Sonja, No you didn't put any body in a confused state,i think i did i read the wrong post at the time, as i replied also to a post previous to the same person inref to transiting Germany,and pointed out using two quick ferry's at not too much high costs to arrive on mainland Sweden,so iam sorry for the confusion to you and any one else participating in this thread, so i recon iam the one who needs a visit to spec savers :ROFLMAO:,Regards Alf.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back