Rigormortis

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Switzerland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
First of all sorry if this topic does not belong in this section but I'm sure you'll direct me to the right place if that is the case.

I'm not quite there yet with my Fiat Ducato conversion but should be finished by spring. In the meantime I'm researching ways to see the USA on four wheels and am looking for some suggestions and tails of experiences.

The idea is to cross the southern half of the USA i.e. East to West in about three months and I need to decide whether to ship, hire or buy/sell.

Shoot :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
First of all sorry if this topic does not belong in this section but I'm sure you'll direct me to the right place if that is the case.

I'm not quite there yet with my Fiat Ducato conversion but should be finished by spring. In the meantime I'm researching ways to see the USA on four wheels and am looking for some suggestions and tails of experiences.

The idea is to cross the southern half of the USA i.e. East to West in about three months and I need to decide whether to ship, hire or buy/sell.

Shoot :thumb:

Good Luck its an Idea I like so having no experience will follow with interest

:thumb:
Roger & Sheila
:Smile:::bigsmile:

Teddybard

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi and welcome to FUN
I really don't think it worth shipping your m/home for a 3 month trip:Sad:---we did look into it but it's quite expensive:cry:
I think your best bet is to go to a major rv dealer and see if they can help---doing a buy-back when you leave-----you need to find one with a branch on East & West coasts-------------------Have you looked at driving one accross for an RV Co.-----Larry&Wynn did that last year ---you pay min. hire charge, but you have certain conditions to follow---just a thought.
We did buy and shipped it home-----but it's really hard to justify the cost----import duty/taxes AND VAT cost A LOT-----it is usually cheaper to buy in UK:cry:
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have had three RV hire trips in the US , one on the west coast , one on the east and up to Canada and the last one of almost 3000 miles taking one month just last year from Chicago to Las Vegas along a fair bit of Route 66. FABULOUS. This was a one way relocation special offer from Cruise America , saved quite a bit but still not cheap. I have attached a file of our little adventure.
These relocation offers come up occasionally with new or retiring RVs that need taking to their hire or sale destinations.

Attachments

• Cruise America Journey.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
http://www.completenorthamerica.co.uk/?gclid=COuh_4Knp7UCFY7MtAodJToA5g
We use these last time Uk company Excellent,the other 2 times we booked through "dial a flight" again excellent,if worth haggling for free hotels at start and end.Also you can book one way,we did on 2 of our trips,another good idea is to "pinch" their tour itinerary that way you dont miss any of the places to visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back