Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Over the next couple of rally seasons we're looking to raise some money to buy another 3 or 4 event shelters. We have two already and with walls they come in at around £220 each. We've also been borrowing a pair kindly loaned to us by Nigel and Pamala (Sundowners). These shelters, spread among our regular rally marshals will be very welcome, especially as they are so portable. (unlike our marquee)

A rally without a central area to gather in for a coffee or a beer, is just not a "fun" rally. It splits up groups as they shelter in individual vans and awnings without an option of gathering collectively. It would be nice if all rallies have some communal shelter if its required.

Of course it's the ralliers that will benefit, so I thought raffles at rallies would be a great way to raise the dosh. So, if you are coming on a rally and have an item that we could raffle off then please do bring it along, it doesn't have to be anything special, might even be a comedy item:Smile: I will try and get some prizes donated by traders too. Of course like anything else on a rally, nothing is compulsory, you've no need to bring or buy anything.

The odd raffle we have done in the past have always been good fun, so if we can raise a few quid at each rally and have a giggle doing so that will be great. :thumb:

If you've not seen the shelters, here are the two we already own, at Shrewsbury last year.

eventshelters_zps209add74.jpg

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
You can put us down for 2 nights free at Cwmcuttan Campsite on your first raffle Jim if thats any use. We are now Aldults only site. Not much but every little helps !
Eileen

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can put us down for 2 nights free at Cwmcuttan Campsite on your first raffle Jim if thats any use. We are now Aldults only site. Not much but every little helps !
Eileen

Adults Only!!!! What a poor marketing strategy, denying entry to most Funsters ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Raffle

I will not be back for another 2 months so if you send address I will donate 20 pounds towards it. I will try to send it before I go.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will not be back for another 2 months so if you send address I will donate 20 pounds towards it. I will try to send it before I go.:thumb:

Thanks very much, that's very kind of you, but it's far too much and really not necessary- wait till we see you again at a rally. Looking forward to it:thumb:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Great idea! I will donate this hand engraved glass tankard and Sue says she will make some bobbin lace coasters. We will pass them to Jim at Newbury in May.

Attachments

• IMAG0483-1.jpg
    IMAG0483-1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 50

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Adults Only!!!! What a poor marketing strategy, denying entry to most Funsters ::bigsmile:

Its about the pond on site really and insurance but its what our cuctomers want. On a meet its different but we attract customers that want peace and quiet and very rarely do we get children anyway so not poor marketing for us. We have done several years homework !

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Its about the pond on site really and insurance but its what our cuctomers want. On a meet its different but we attract customers that want peace and quiet and very rarely do we get children anyway so not poor marketing for us. We have done several years homework !

Well it sounds like a place for me Eileen!! Indeed minding little devils (under the council rules, not parents'ones) having sometimes just 1 month of age difference while a mum has at least a pregnancy between each child and if twins ... they entertain each other and are raised by the same family; so minding those little ones 12 hours/ day, makes me to look for places like yours! Holidays for me must be without children (even if we all agree that men are the most difficult children:winky::roflmto:) . They don't do "Adults only" in France hence my liking to wildcamp!

Hope to be able to come sometime!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

I was only Joking Eilleen, I was not talking about the children of Funsters, I was talking about the Funsters and your requirement of them to be adult:roflmto::roflmto:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
sounds a good idea jim can even do lotto lucky nos.or spot the ball.lots of ways to raise a few quid.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good idea Jim:thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
still got that scrumpy in the van will have a good one in chester then:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Good idea.:Smile:

Note that although a raffle carried out at a rally is exempted under the Lotteries and Amusement Acts 1976. There must be no cash prizes and I think you will need a separate raffle for each rally. Vouchers do not count as cash.

We will participate at Peterborough.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Chance for a Free Ad
What fish are in the pond ?
How far from nearest a)pub b)village c)shop d) Bus route

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Kick it off at Chester
I have a dubious bottle or two I want to get rid of :ROFLMAO:

Happy Funster Daze Ahead

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I'm not a lover of raffles due to the fact that the one at Stratford took 3 +hours there was over 100 prizes and we still never won anything.:cry:

However, if the tent(s) are £220 each then I would happily hold a voluntary contribution pot at the bring and buy. I will then add to the fund what ever is required to make it up to the total.
Bare in mind that we have entertainers entertaining for nothing more than adding to the fun.

I will probably buy one prior to the b&b as we will need somewhere to hold the annual cocktail tasting session. The shelters are really useful, very light and easy to errect if Mrs sundowners is there ::bigsmile:

Thinking about it and looking at the rally calendar, if each attendee paid a measly £1 by the time next year came around we would have enough shelters to cover a football pitch.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Ok We will donate:

Two Battery Masters £69.95 each
Two Waeco Perfect Power 500 watt inverters 840-012PP/UK SSP £61.99 each
One Waeco Magic Safe MSG150 Gas detector SSP £78.00

And I'll scour the shop, stock room and my office :Doh: for a couple of "goody boxes" of stuff that we acquire for evaluation and testing that we decided for what ever reason we can't / won't or don't want to sell

Eddie

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Just out of interest are there sides to this or just a roof?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just out of interest are there sides to this or just a roof?

Yes, they are bigger that they look. Here we had 4 joined together giving us 81 square metres, and a fraction of the weight of our marquee which gives us only 24m

20120922-IMG_7456.jpg

20120922-IMG_7492.jpg

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I don't want to speak out of turn and mean no offence,but sometimes I feel the need to ask awkward questions I'm sure other people must be thinking.
Why does an organisation with 10000 members each paying £10 annual subscription ( which I agree is good value) have to have what is more or less a whip round of its members to buy a few tents?

Are we about to follow the likes of Woolworth and Jessops.

Vlad.:imoutahere:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Presently we have just over 1200 subscribers, 10,000 would be nice, maybe we'll get there one day::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back