LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have been looking at Kipor generators and noticed some are yellow and some beige. Is there any difference apart from the colour and if so what.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Was looking at the Clark one and with the zero vat this week its a good price, but I found a Kipor at the same money but its beige, not yellow. Was just wondering what the difference is.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Never seen a beige one Dave used to be red or yellow as I say the yellow is pure sine wave. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I never thought of this, but it could be the camera lighting that makes it look beige.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Was considering getting one and looked for online reviews on both the Kipor's and the Clarke models, neither seem to come out to well but a lot of complaints about the larger of the Clarke model , obviously we would all prefer a Honda but not many can afford them, or justify spending that amount. There must be a decent alternative to the Honda's out there just knowing which of the many models are any good.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The main complaints I can find are relevant to all generators. Leaving petrol in and not running them at least once per month, clogs the carb. Leaving them running with no load, which varnishes the bores and makes them use oil and smoke.
Those that give poor revues on generators seem to be the ones that do not maintain them correctly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Kipor or Honda- if the genny is being used regularly they seem to go on for ever. Hence the Kipor is popular with fulltimers. Kipor circuit boards seem to die if they are left for months on end. They need running up under load regularly to ensure long life, do this and they last for years.

Hondas are a little more forgiving of inactivity and don't seem to blow their boards nearly as much as the kipor.

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Generators

Have been looking at Kipor generators and noticed some are yellow and some beige. Is there any difference apart from the colour and if so what.

Hi snowbird. Ralph n Bev have a honda 2kw gen for sale in the MH Fun Classified, MH accessories page, if its not sold yet. The honda can be converted to run on gas as well as petrol. I suposs it is debaterble but I feel that the Honda is the crem di la crem of gennys. Like all things you only get what you pay for.
Pudseykeith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back