enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hi Funsters,
We are recent recruits to Motorhome Fun and do not yet have a motorhome :Blush:. We would like to come to the rallies & meets so we can meet up with other Funsters but are not sure we would be welcome with our caravan :cry: Can you tell us what is the situation as far as this is concerned?
Bill & Sue
(enery8)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Its not a problem at all, all are welcome no matter what their form of accommodation is, plenty of past funsters came in caravans whilst looking for their first motorhome.
In a way i still use a caravan all be it a 5th wheel unit

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have quite a few caravans turn up on meets, its not an issue at all. Some are between motorhomes, other have gone back to caravans for whatever reason but like to rally with funster Friends. Our very first meet, we had RV's a fifttwheel every type of European and a trailer tent. No one has a care for what you turn up in, the rallies have always been more about the people rather than what they can afford or prefer. It's been much the same ever since that first rally, so you'll be made most welcome.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We have quite a few caravans turn up on meets, its not an issue at all. Some are between motorhomes, other have gone back to caravans for whatever reason but like to rally with funster Friends. Our very first meet, we had RV's a fifttwheel every type of European and a trailer tent. No one has a care for what you turn up in, the rallies have always been more about the people rather than what they can afford or prefer. It's been much the same ever since that first rally, so you'll be made most welcome.:thumb:

and we even had a trailer tent at the very first motorhomefun meet at Bosworth water.
from memory it was 'The poor relations'.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hello,

Always good to meet new folk, whatever they are camping in :)

Last year at marsden airfield meet, we had a couple who had been let down on their camper purchase, but came anyway, every day, all day, and had a thoroughly good time ::bigsmile:

S :Cool:

Morocco branch :ROFLMAO:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
You could sleep under the hedge in a rubble sack and no-one would judge you.

I bet you'd be offered loads of tea and bacon butties every morning, though :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi Funsters,
We are recent recruits to Motorhome Fun and do not yet have a motorhome :Blush:. We would like to come to the rallies & meets so we can meet up with other Funsters but are not sure we would be welcome with our caravan :cry: Can you tell us what is the situation as far as this is concerned?
Bill & Sue
(enery8)

Welcome Bill & Sue,

If I know this lot they'll either be too drunk to notice
or think its a funny shaped motorhome:Doh:

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Thanks for all the positive comments :Cool:, we really look forward to meeting our fellow Funsters :thumb:. Going to be booking with vigour - see you soon :Smile:.
Bill & Sue

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Welcome Bill and Sue to the site, and hope to see you posting on here as well, also you are more than welcome mate to any get together we have as no matter what you put your head down in for the night, you are a MHF member ans subscriber so always welcome to our meets. Look forward to meeting you somewhere sometime, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well someone's off MY Xmas card list.

You may not care if they sleep under a hedge in a rubble sack but personally I'd like to think I'd at least offer them a carpeted floor to lay their heads! (unless they are actually rolling drunk or have been under the hedge for a week already)

:ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The only difference is you won't get an automatic wave from a motorhomer coming toward you on the road:RollEyes:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Well someone's off MY Xmas card list.

You may not care if they sleep under a hedge in a rubble sack but personally I'd like to think I'd at least offer them a carpeted floor to lay their heads! (unless they are actually rolling drunk or have been under the hedge for a week already)

:ROFLMAO:

Hey, it's known as bivvying.

Some of us do it for fun, now and then ::bigsmile:

--- the bivouac ---

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What is it about you Yosser? Why is it the world is against you? I know the answer, perhaps you should change your 666 number plate:Eeek:

Hey thers nowt wrong with a 666

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 29

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thats the nice thing about FUN everyone is welcome :Smile: regardless of vehicle.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:thumb:Come on over and meet your Funster friends:thumb:

Dig a hole in the ground and chuck a tarp over it if you want

:thumb:This is Funsterland not the MCC:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well just to confuse you lot we have a 27ft 5th wheel American trailer - a 12ft stumpy caravan and a motorhome and no I don't have a split personality :Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Funsters,
Bill & Sue
(enery8)

As everyone has said you would be most welcome but we can always change your mode of living, we take caravans in p/x :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Joking

Peter

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs.. this is referring back to an old post .... so ....... come on enery 8th and Sue ... have you been made welcome?::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
They have been to a couple of Fun rallies, Stratford and Newbury if I remember correctly. They were made most welcome.

Brisey.

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
We certainly were made most welcome and we loved our first experience of fun rallies you won't be able to keep us away. Everyone was really friendly even though l am so shy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The reason I refered to that post was to demonstrate that Funsters don't care what vehicle you have it is just your attitude that matters.
We posted thanks to every one after both Newbury and Stratford for making our year so enjoyable and we are looking forward to more rallies this year.
Bill & Sue. Enery 8 and Sue:thumb::thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We certainly were made most welcome and we loved our first experience of fun rallies you won't be able to keep us away. Everyone was really friendly even though [HI]l am so shy[/HI] :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The reason I refered to that post was to demonstrate that Funsters don't care what vehicle you have it is just your attitude that matters.
[HI]We posted thanks to every one after both Newbury and Stratford for making our year so enjoyable and we are looking forward to more rallies this year.[/HI]
Bill & Sue. Enery 8 and Sue:thumb::thumb:

Damn plan's not working:whatthe::whatthe: Ah Well Welcome back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back