Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I lloked through the newly listed only seconds before you posted and I didn't see that. It has a Manchester phone number.

Something strange here - just checked through again and it doesn't appear for me but the real advert does..

Link Removed

Further strange things going on - when I click on email seller on the real advert (I was trying to tell motorhomedepot about the scam ad) I cannot ask a question, so I brought up all items that motorhomedepot have for sale and tried to email seller on a few other items and same problem, seller cannot answer question.

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I just spoke to Motorhomedepot, the real owners of the Elnagh. They were not actually aware of this particular vehicle being advertised elsewhere but said it's happening a hell of a lot and is an occupational hazard which takes up a lot of their time. They are now implementing water-marking of all their photographs, while aware that this won't prevent people taking their own pics of vehicles on display - although the latter seems quite rare, the scammers usually nicking already published pics...

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This could be one ????????
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed

terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Another RV ::bigsmile:
Link Removed

This one nearly got past
Link Removed
Terry

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Due to the amount of income that can be raised selling none existing Motorhomes to the gullible public.:winky:

I see a career change coming my way.:Smile:

No longer a none income lady awaiting to reach government retirement pension age,

I am considering becoming a millionaire by next year:Smile:

Now, just need lots of new names and a bank account and then disappear 800 miles away and try and sell some Motorhomes on EBay

ps

When you spot mine Terry, don't tell anyone:roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Due to the amount of income that can be raised selling none existing Motorhomes to the gullible public.:winky:

I see a career change coming my way.:Smile:

No longer a none income lady awaiting to reach government retirement pension age,

I am considering becoming a millionaire by next year:Smile:

Now, just need lots of new names and a bank account and then disappear 800 miles away and try and sell some Motorhomes on EBay

ps

When you spot mine Terry, don't tell anyone:roflmto::roflmto:

I hope the one below is not yours ::bigsmile:

Link Removed
Terry

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just what is the facination with this "lookee lookee Scam is it or is it not?" scenario.

Surely anyone looking for a M/H has the nunce to;

A, get in touch with the seller, ie, physically talk to the Joker
or
B, not pass cover any dosh until actually physically seeing the bloody thing!

So Seller does not Communicate after Email, Walk away!:Angry:

Seller want's Money up front, before you even view? Walk away!:Angry:

If you don't:Sad: then you deserve anything coming your way surely?

So why this Scam Alert? If you are thick enough to give your money away (which it amounts too) then so be it, more fool you:Smile:

There have been posts on this that have shown up REAL vendors ie ALAN KERR, has anyone apoligised to Alan Kerr?

Porcine Squadron refueled and ready to fly:thumb:

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Just what is the facination with this "lookee lookee Scam is it or is it not?" scenario.

or

So why this Scam Alert? If you are thick enough to give your money away (which it amounts too) then so be it, more fool you:Smile:

There have been posts on this that have shown up REAL vendors ie ALAN KERR, has anyone apoligised to Alan Kerr?

It's just a bit of Fun.:Smile:

I enjoy winding the scammers up,

No harm done.

But, unfortunately there are gullible people out there, especially the elderly that are in the market for a motorhome.

If there wasn't any gullible people purchasing these vehicles, then the scammers wouldn't waste their time and money posting the for sale ads

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

or

Unfortunately some people fall for these scams :Eeek: sounds unbelievable but it's true :Doh: In fact we have at least one member on here what fell for them :Eeek:
As to ALAN KERR just exactly where did anyone say or link any of his M/Hs as a scam ???? I am sure AK does not sell half price or less M/Hs :Smile: Could you have got mixed up with someone posting a link to the actual van that's for sale genuinely ? rather than the scammed one ? If that's the case and AK should be thanking us for alerting them that there van has been scammed ::bigsmile:
If these posts/threads save just one person from being scammed and help educate how the scam works then it serves a purpose :Smile:
About 2 weeks ago I asked if people were fed up with me posting about the scams and all who replied said carry on :Smile: if you want run another thread asking again and if it's annoying people I will stop :Doh:
Terry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Unfortunately some people fall for these scams :Eeek: sounds unbelievable but it's true :Doh: In fact we have at least one member on here what fell for them :Eeek:
As to ALAN KERR just exactly where did anyone say or link any of his M/Hs as a scam ???? I am sure AK does not sell half price or less M/Hs :Smile: Could you have got mixed up with someone posting a link to the actual van that's for sale genuinely ? rather than the scammed one ? If that's the case and AK should be thanking us for alerting them that there van has been scammed ::bigsmile:
If these posts/threads save just one person from being scammed and help educate how the scam works then it serves a purpose :Smile:
About 2 weeks ago I asked if people were fed up with me posting about the scams and all who replied said carry on :Smile: if you want run another thread asking again and [HI]if it's annoying people I will stop[/HI] :Doh:
Terry

Please don't Terry, many of us find it interesting/Fascinating or at the very least informative. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back