Not one of my more successful trips so far... (2 Viewers)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Heading Exeter-way...it's good to go away in the 'van....motorhoming reduces the stress...

Stone hits windscreen on M5 at Avonmouth....nice chip right in my field of view...looks borderline full windscreen replacement (10mm) :cry:

Arrive at pub where I'm staying on the carpark overnight.....find they're not doing meals this time of year :Sad:

Wind rocking the van....rain pouring down....

....and I'm supposed to be on an RSPB Avocet cruise on the Exe estuary in a few days :Eeek:

Seemed like a good idea at the time :Doh: Anybody want to throw some snow my way....complete the set? ::bigsmile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi this is the adventure of motorhoming, enjoy the excitement. Regarding snow I will send it first class delivery, should be with you mid afternoon Wednesday OK?

Norman

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi this is the adventure of motorhoming, enjoy the excitement. Regarding snow I will send it first class delivery, should be with you mid afternoon Wednesday OK?

Norman

S no joke Norman:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

Norman

PS. snow delivery will be delayed but here is an icy blast from the north designed to prepare you for the snow that will come.:ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Neil, hope todays a bit better for you, and the trip down the esurary turns out well.

Taran-Las seemed to have the best solution. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad: Aww, no snow on its way to you ....... but a big Joy hug....:Smile:

At least it was a stone, and not the bloomin' lorry step that hit me ... not much consolation but loadsa understanding for you. x

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
PS. snow delivery will be delayed but here is an icy blast from the north designed to prepare you for the snow that will come.:ROFLMAO:

Oh...so it was you, was it! Just come back from a walk and it's freeeeezing!

At least it was a stone, and not the bloomin' lorry step that hit me ... not much consolation but loadsa understanding for you.

Good point...considering where the stone hit....if it had been bigger and gone through the windscreen I probably wouldn't be in a fit state to be typing this right now :Eeek:

I'm not going to risk taking it to Autoglass while I'm away, in case something else goes wrong. I'll take it in next week and see what they think - apparently if it's < 10mm they can still fill the chip rather than replace the 'screen. It'll be a close call :pray:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back