Feb 5, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

I new to motorhoming and am considering purchasing a 2000 reg Dethleffs A Class, however the drop down bed drops down like a bullet and is heavy and difficult to return to the storage position.I think this may be due to failure of the gas struts. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can you suggest a solution.
Regards

John f
:Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi

I new to motorhoming and am considering purchasing a 2000 reg Dethleffs A Class, however the drop down bed drops down like a bullet and is heavy and difficult to return to the storage position.I think this may be due to failure of the gas struts. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can you suggest a solution.
Regards

John f
:Eeek:
Yes we bought new struts and fitted em ourselves, It is simple a matter of disconnecting the long arm you then connect the struts and can use the arm to lever them shut, bolt up and job done. :Smile:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Gas struts

Its most definately the gas struts. Take off the old ones, and reveal the number, then order new ones from SGS engineering.
Tel 01332 226 290 www.sgs-engineering.com

Not the easiest of jobs but can be done by a good DIYer.

I did mine a few months ago.
if you need help contact me on email
philipkeylock@yahoo.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Did our Pilote a couple of years ago,. Just common sense really, need any help? give us a yell, I found it easier when I took the Plinth off, to get me hand up the side. any probs? I'm only a P M away:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back