Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure I am happy with our leaders new profile picture showing English players with the Calcutta Cup. Will he still be smiling and putting a picture of Ireland on his profile when they win this weekend. :Angry: Scotland for the championship (well I can always dream)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Unfortunately digital photography wasn't very developed last time England won the Grand Slam so he can't put a pic of that up.

Even the 2003 World Cup pics are getting grainy::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think I'm the only person in this thread looking forward to the next game::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think you might be right Jim::bigsmile:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing Italy play Scotland this weekend. The Italians played an excellent game. The only way we stand a chance of holding them to a close game is if all 15 of our players decide to turn up for the full 80. Not confident enough to say we will beat them, after the performances at the weekend. But at least that way we should give them a run for their money and may come away with some points. The way Italy played on Saturday I think any of the teams in the Six Nations would struggle with.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well England limped away from Rome last year after a very lucky win.

Italy are not mugs anymore.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Don't think it was lucky, ::bigsmile: When you consider how many youngsters they were blooding, they kept their heads in the snow to come back from 15-6 down. those youngsters were up against it in a hard place to win. Young Owen was a star, that pressure kick was special. To say it was a lucky win is stretching it a bit, but I hope we are as lucky this year::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I count charge down trys as lucky Jim.

But then I am Welsh. :winky:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012

Sadly this comment does not fill me with any confidence, although I will be standing at Murrayfield probably in tears again on Saturday (not that I am in any way Partisan)

I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing Italy play Scotland this weekend. The Italians played an excellent game. The only way we stand a chance of holding them to a close game is if all 15 of our players decide to turn up for the full 80. Not confident enough to say we will beat them, after the performances at the weekend. But at least that way we should give them a run for their money and may come away with some points. The way Italy played on Saturday I think any of the teams in the Six Nations would struggle with.

Of course we will, we are world beaters.(Although perhaps not at Rugby):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

A bit like Wales V England then:winky: Especially when you look at what both teams went on to do:thumb:

Ah well Chris there is always next year:cry:

Eddie

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A bit like Wales V England then:winky: Especially when you look at what both teams went on to do:thumb:

Ah well Chris there is always next year:cry:

Eddie

We cant win Grand Slams every year Eddie. Even the best teams dont win them for 10 years at a time.::bigsmile:

The Welsh are just spoilt by their 3 lucky Grand Slams in the last 8 years:ROFLMAO:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have a confession to make :Doh:

Its all my fault :cry:

During the world cup and last six nations for every game i wore my Wales " BELIEVE" T shirt, i bought especially for the world cup. I wore it every game but after the GRAND SLAM i rested it in the bottom drawer and there it has stayed.

So its all my fault, 8 defeats in a row, 5 at the home of Welsh rugby...:cry::cry::cry:

all because i was not wearing my " BELIEVE " T shirt...:Doh:

i have ordered it washed and pressed for Saturday so we are going to be sorted now:thumb::Blush:

I wish :ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Watch out France::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You'll do England a big favour if you can beat them, you sure you want to?:roflmto:

Now you come to mention it::bigsmile:

On the other hand though if Wales can find a bit of form and confidence against the French, it might make Cardiff a bit less appealing for your boys.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
some of our better qualities..:ROFLMAO:

Wales will be in ascendance soon enough, you only have to look and the games history, its been a roller coaster ride for a century or more, no old team is dominant or in the doldrums for long. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now you come to mention it::bigsmile:

On the other hand though if Wales can find a bit of form and confidence against the French, it might make Cardiff a bit less appealing for your boys.

True, what I'm really afraid of the Welsh backlash......you'll be a dangerous team coming back from that drubbing you'll get in Italy::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
True, what I'm really afraid of the Welsh backlash......you'll be a dangerous team coming back from that drubbing you'll get in Italy::bigsmile:

:swear: ::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Unfortunately digital photography wasn't very developed last time England won the Grand Slam so he can't put a pic of that up.

2003 Wooden Spoon pics werent too good either

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

[HI]
EVEN The 2003 Wooden Spoon Pics are Grainy
but I've done my best for you all[/HI].

Image size:
312 × 162

Results for .

Wooden_spoon_(award)
A wooden spoon is a mock or real award, usually given to an individual or team which has come last ... How the Cambridge wooden spoon idea came to be used in rugby union is not exactly known, but in ... In 1894 the South Wales Daily Post remarked that within the Home Nations Championships the ... 3, Wales, 1, 2003* ... 1 image:winky:

* denotes Whitewash.

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Knowing nothing about rugby, I'd assumed the one on the left in Jim's photo was our leader as a young man. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back