Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Funsters

I have had a query on the Big Pitch Guide Website which I do not feel qualified to answer - can anybody with the necessary experience on here, help?

We are soon to go to the USA to purchase a 5th wheel rig for subsequent export back to the UK, after using it for 6 months in the US.

I would be grateful if anyone has any contacts for American Isurance companies that will insure non residents.

Thanks in anticipation
Mike

I really would appreciate any help :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Hi Dick,

BOTH our RV and car are also insured through Garden City Insurance with Progressive DRIVE.

Before we contacted Keith I had insured the car with Progressive Direct but it was when we tried to also insure the RV with Progressive Direct we were informed that they would have to terminate our car insurance because we were full timers.

I had explained this when we insured the car and all was ok, it appears that he was wrong and we received the usual apology and most of our premium back :Sad:

Keith and his staff have been brilliant.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Mick and Rory

Many, many thanks for your help - I have passed the information on to the chap concerned.

Your help has been seriously appreciated - once again many thanks :thumb::thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Dick
Maybe you could give your chap a link to this site so that if he has any other questions he can get quick answers to them. There are a number of people here who have the experience to answer questions like the one that you were asked, and if they trawl through the forums, many questions will be answered without the need to post the question :thumb::thumb:
Just a thought

Keith

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Keith

It could be said that I get so few visitors to my site that I jealousy guard them :Sad: - don't want to lose the few that I do get by sending them elsewhere :Doh::Doh:

No, seriously, I have already put him onto this site, as I do with all my customers - but sometimes it is just a bit quicker for me to 'pin' the question to the noticeboard first - so that I can impress him with my range of knowledge (I may not know - but I know a man what does - as the saying goes...) :Blush::Blush:

It is a well known fact that this site is probably the friendliest and most knowledgable (in RV terms) of any site on the web - and long may it be so - and I often re-iterate that fact to 'whats-his-name' who devised it :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Now I'll probably get sacked, ......(Sorry, Jim)......:winky::winky::winky:

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
glad to hear it Dick :thumb::thumb:
You won't get sacked from here matey, this is FUN :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Hi Dick
first post on this forum so here goes

I currently have a Cedar Creek 5th wheel here in the states
like others its insured by Progressive ,just insured it full coverage value $50k with 6 months use 6 months storage $395

The truck is more expensive at value $24k full coverage 6 months $1200 also by Progressive

The policy were taken out through Lazydays with Montana quotes on UK licence.

The truck is a bit more expensive because it comes into commercial being a 3500
if it was a 2500 you might get a better quote from other insurers

If this guy is going to import it back to the Uk i would be interested in the driving licence needed ie would you need a hgv class 1 or whatever they call it now,and how he intends to cover the braking and parking brake needed for UK trailers.Just in case i do import this one someday

Ian & Doreen

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Ian and Doreen

Thankyou for the info on the insurance, I have posted it onto a different site where the original question came from.

As to your Licence question I need to know the weight of each of your vehicles before I can answer that one - but in short.......

Have a look at the official DVLA answer......

Licence requirements

As to the braking requirements, I have no idea BUT I am sure somebody on here will tell you before the night is out.

I may well copy your post to a new special post so that other come straight to it .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back