chrispaul

Free Member
Jan 2, 2013
norfolk
Funster No
MH
hymer 660
Exp
hi just looking at tabbert to purchase and would welcome any views on what to look for in terms of problems and what they are like for fulltiming in Europe this ones a merc 2.3 engine thanks all views welcome from a newbei:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I sold my FFB 660 last year. They are a very good van, but I do prefer my RMB. If its quality you are looking for the there are a few on mobile-de at much less money than here in the UK.
The main thing is that both the FFB and RMB are both fully winterised in excess of German standards so they can be used all year round with none of the draining down that has to be done with other vans. They generally come with accessories as standard that you would normally have to pay extra for.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
here's one for sale
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Same layout as the one I had and it does not seem overpriced.

OP
OP
C

chrispaul

Free Member
Jan 2, 2013
norfolk
Funster No
MH
hymer 660
Exp
reply snowbird

hi hope u r well the tabbert we r looking at has been looked after and has service history with 68000 on clock the asking price is 8000 bar a few pennys I would welcome your thoughts on the price it also has a generator and new covers and curtains ect at some point someone has given it a respray to tidy it up I did ask if that was the only reason and was told yes so I reckon I will have to have an even better look around but the seller seemed genuine as they all do until you by it [maybe a bit harsh but fair ] thanks for your time take care chris::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
hi hope u r well the tabbert we r looking at has been looked after and has service history with 68000 on clock the asking price is 8000 bar a few pennys I would welcome your thoughts on the price it also has a generator and new covers and curtains ect at some point someone has given it a respray to tidy it up I did ask if that was the only reason and was told yes so I reckon I will have to have an even better look around but the seller seemed genuine as they all do until you by it [maybe a bit harsh but fair ] thanks for your time take care chris::bigsmile:

If I was you and it's what you want then I WOULD GO HAVE A GOOD LOOK then snatch it up ::bigsmile:They don't come up often and rarly at that price :thumb: Allways try knocking a few extra quid off though
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

My 660 made quite a bit more than that on ebay last year, and that was Peugeot based not Merc. Sounds a little too cheap from where am sitting. You take care.

OP
OP
C

chrispaul

Free Member
Jan 2, 2013
norfolk
Funster No
MH
hymer 660
Exp
snowbird

thanks mate I am not sure what it should be up for seller is retired dealer I am going to his house and have spoke to him and wife on phone and they answered questions fairly with no bull but I take on board your caution and will look at with open eyes and try not to look to green and as with most things in life I little luck helps but I will walk away if in any doubt::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back