Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi everyone.

Advice please!

I have come across a Fiat 2.8 Ci Carioca 665 at a good price, but it is the first motorhome that I would have. Its a 6 berth. Dimensions Height: 9'10" Length: 22'5" Width: 7'6".
Could anyone give me any advice about it, any pitfalls to be aware of.

Its going to be my first time driving a large van, should I get a smaller van first and then upscale later.
I've been told don't worry about it, I will get used to driving it very quickly.
So obviously my first thought was you funsters as if I want an honest opinion it makes sense to no to the people who know.
I want to go full time and plan to travel through Europe.

Thanks in advance for the help

Gary

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Hi everyone.

Advice please!

I have come across a Fiat 2.8 Ci Carioca 665 at a good price, but it is the first motorhome that I would have. Its a 6 berth. Dimensions Height: 9'10" Length: 22'5" Width: 7'6".
Could anyone give me any advice about it, any pitfalls to be aware of.

Its going to be my first time driving a large van, should I get a smaller van first and then upscale later.
I've been told don't worry about it, I will get used to driving it very quickly.
So obviously my first thought was you funsters as if I want an honest opinion it makes sense to no to the people who know.
I want to go full time and plan to travel through Europe.

Thanks in advance for the help

Gary

You will get used to driving it quickly. Just start off by poodling around familiar roads for a while, before you try the town centre. If it has a rear-view camera, then all the better, as reversing is what most people find challenging. Enjoy!

Mike

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, first thing is do you need 6 berths and is the layout right for you? second our last van was a CI Carioca 746, 6 berth. never used all 6 berths at once in the 3 years we had it, but depends on your circumstance and the build quality of CI's is at best inconsistent. i would not buy another. that said there are many people who have CI's and are very happy.

a good check over before committing will give you an idea.
good luck:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just realised a further point it will be over 3meters high as it has the overcab, it will therefore be more expensive "if" you use toll roads.

Ours had the Heavy chassis 4 Tonne with the overcab at 3.2 meters easy to drive but ride height was high so i found stability in high cross winds a bit of an issue, but that might be just me.

these are only my opinions, you need to assess for yourself.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We've had our CI Riviera Garage for a few years now with no problems & the height is under 3 metres. The CI are a mid range van, nowt special but a good starter van if the layout is right for YOU.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We've had our Carioca 656 for nearly 7 years and have been very happy with it. Had a few problems but they were soon sorted. We are only selling it as we are giving up motorhoming. It's fully loaded so someone will get a bargain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
just realised a further point it will be over 3meters high as it has the overcab, it will therefore be more expensive "if" you use toll roads.

Ours had the Heavy chassis 4 Tonne with the overcab at 3.2 meters easy to drive but ride height was high so i found stability in high cross winds a bit of an issue, but that might be just me.

these are only my opinions, you need to assess for yourself.

It won't if you speak any French.

press the button, tell them it's a camping car and pay class 2 not 3, never failed me yet in 8 years of travelling through France.

Any how, back to the van.

We owned a CI, it was a budget van, but boy was it good fun. Very well built although we had one or two minor damp issues. If you look to the early days of my blog, you will see how we got on with it. I would have another if needs be. :thumb:

As for driving it? no worries, just take your time, :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
im in a ci at the moment a 694 and its a great van some of the dif are the lights are cheaper versions than some of the other vans i have been in but they can be changed it drives like a dream and is very comfortable but like what was said do u need a high van thats 6 berth or maybe a lowline like mine is good luck and hope you have years of happy days

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back