Hens Teeth and customer service.......... (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Well, then hens teeth part, is the Hymer 694b we are looking for (i know paulyp has one), they appear to be hiding in a timewarp somewhere, especially the ones we particularly want which have the rear lounge layout.
We have scoured every site we can find, looked at the same MH on several different sites and gone goggle eyed, so much so, that we are now looking at similar layout RV's. This is not something we wanted to do, as there is a condition there that any RV we considered would have to have a diesel lump, which makes them nearly as rare as the Hymers, and then sifting the wheat from the chaff, or the ones on sale by people who did,nt need one or can.t afford one, is as frustrating as "Hymer hunting", but we will persevere.......and all trips are on hold in the meantine, as ours is for sale as well, so this could be a frustrating few months.

As for the customer service side, which is linked,.....we bought our current MH from a local well established dealer. We saw it, liked it, and paid £25,500 cash.
The end of the warranty period came and went, as did christmas, the anniversary of the sale is imminent, (annual hab check time)...and....I recently emailed the dealer informing him of our intention to change models, and asked him to keep an eye out for our next choice.
To date...."silence was the stern reply"...absolutly beggar all:Eeek:..zilch, nada,...fekall!!!!
Now, as far as the email about changing models .......those with half a brain cell will know that i was offereing him the chance to buy it back.......and had already steeled myself t0 take at least a £5000 loss for the privelage of 10 months ownership.......but obviously that was not tempting.
While dealers bemoan the lack of sales that cause them to crash, they might like to try to build a bit of customer loyalty, or at least acknowledge that a customer still exists after a sale is made, if they wont make any small gesture to do that, then they deserve to join the jobcentre johnnies,....where they may learn some humility, manners.......and how long it takes to actually pay for a motorhome!

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Are you sure the dealer has received your e mail though? It could easily have ended up in the junk or spam folders and simply not been noticed. Why not phone the dealer as well as e mail?

D.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There may well be a shortage in the UK, but no shortage in Germany. Theres a choice of 50 on mobile de. Er...how many would you like ???.

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Whats the correct link for that site mate, ive ggogled it but searches coem up with nothing, so i,m obviously doing something wrong:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well, then hens teeth part, is the Hymer 694b we are looking for (i know paulyp has one), they appear to be hiding in a timewarp somewhere, especially the ones we particularly want which have the rear lounge layout.
We have scoured every site we can find, looked at the same MH on several different sites and gone goggle eyed, so much so, that we are now looking at similar layout RV's. This is not something we wanted to do, as there is a condition there that any RV we considered would have to have a diesel lump, which makes them nearly as rare as the Hymers, and then sifting the wheat from the chaff, or the ones on sale by people who did,nt need one or can.t afford one, is as frustrating as "Hymer hunting", but we will persevere.......and all trips are on hold in the meantine, as ours is for sale as well, so this could be a frustrating few months.

As for the customer service side, which is linked,.....we bought our current MH from a local well established dealer. We saw it, liked it, and paid £25,500 cash.
The end of the warranty period came and went, as did christmas, the anniversary of the sale is imminent, (annual hab check time)...and....I recently emailed the dealer informing him of our intention to change models, and asked him to keep an eye out for our next choice.
To date...."silence was the stern reply"...absolutly beggar all:Eeek:..zilch, nada,...fekall!!!!
Now, as far as the email about changing models .......those with half a brain cell will know that i was offereing him the chance to buy it back.......and had already steeled myself t0 take at least a £5000 loss for the privelage of 10 months ownership.......but obviously that was not tempting.
While dealers bemoan the lack of sales that cause them to crash, they might like to try to build a bit of customer loyalty, or at least acknowledge that a customer still exists after a sale is made, if they wont make any small gesture to do that, then they deserve to join the jobcentre johnnies,....where they may learn some humility, manners.......and how long it takes to actually pay for a motorhome!

Make sure you check the payload on any diesel Rv as most are downgraded for the uk and have virtually no payload especially the C and B+ models. We wanted a B+ with a diesel and Coachman had just introduced the new Concord with a diesel engine but when we went to Telford and looked at one the payload was less than 250 kgs. Our B694 has over 1000kgs payload makes a massive difference.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

i bet the place is in cranham

sooner travel to scotland on a unicycle than visit

:Angry:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Yup, I did. They are buying nothing at the moment because "nothing is selling", however, they did point me in the direction of a totally unsuitable motorhome they had for sale, which I dutifully showed to "she who must be obeyed".....who snorted and slid the laptop straight back to me.:Eeek:

We shall keep on looking, and if we buy from a dealer.......hopefully, they will appreciate our business a bit more than the last ones. We accept now, that we are going to take a big loss on our MH, to get what we want, and in one sense, if you take the "something is only worth what someone else will pay for it" there would be some merit in doing a swap...but a loss of £10.000......maybe a little hard to swallow:Eeek:.
Ah well, ya live and learn.

Forestboy, thanks for the heads up, If i found one to be downplated, and I wanted it, I'd probably take it back up to its original weight.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back