Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Hi just received hook up box but no instructions and have a couple of questions. The box has a rubbery foam type of gasket ,does this go inside van with silicon outside or does this simply act as a gasket between van and box. Also no marks inside box to indicate wiring i e live and neutral. Any help......Bruce
PS Can I use normal house 2.5 cable to the RCD

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi just received hook up box but no instructions and have a couple of questions. The box has a rubbery foam type of gasket ,does this go inside van with silicon outside or does this simply act as a gasket between van and box. Also no marks inside box to indicate wiring i e live and neutral. Any help......Bruce

I was recommended not to use house wire, it's single strand and not very flexible against vibration, you need multi strand cable.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Gasket between plastic and van body. Possibly better to bed it down on a good mastic, depends how good the foam looks.

If you mean mains twin and earth, bad move in a vibrating vehicle, use good quality flexible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bruce

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Gasket between plastic and van body. Possibly better to bed it down on a good mastic, depends how good the foam looks.

If you mean mains twin and earth, bad move in a vibrating vehicle, use good quality flexible.
Thank you for advice, any idea for wiring this up please also whats the plastic springy thing inside box for...Bruce

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Plastic springy thing is to allow you to release external plug. That is if I understand what bit you mean.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Last edited: