LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have just received my first Christmas present and although its something I never do before Christmas day, I was instructed to open it now.
To my shear delight it was tickets to the M E N on 19 Dec, to see my favourite conductor with his orchestra, Andre Rieu. If any of you have never seen this guy I can recommend taking the first chance you get to catch one of his concerts.
He is famous for his light hearted waltz arrangements and is a great entertainer. For sure I will be dancing in the isles :thumb:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I like Andre Rieu and have seen his concerts a few times - a little bit twee sometimes though.
Much prefer the music and arrangements performed by the John Wilson orchestra.

Rob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Father Christmas has arranged my Christmas Present with the help of a Computer Expert, Full Timing Funster but I won't open mine until Christmas Day inself.

I am a good boy...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We were due to see him at the MEN 2 years ago only for it to be cancelled due to his illness. It was re-scheduled for the following April and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We've recorded most of his shows off Sky Arts and never tire of them. Enjoy! :thumb:

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Andre Rieu

I can't find any trace of a December 2013 concert. I have looked on the Andre Rieu website and the M.E.N. website and it's not there.

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Andre Rieu

Thanks Snowbird. I was confused because your post was at the top of the list so I assumed it was recent - I now realise that the reply in January put it at the top.
Incidentally, I saw his Birmingham show on 19 December 2012 and it was fabulous! Can't wait to go again and am considering Maastricht in July 2013.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats were I would love to see him perform, in his home town.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I thought of chasing Nana Mouskouri's farewell tour across Europe after missing her final UK shows 3 or 4 years or so ago but having seen her last performance in Athens on DVD I'm somewhat glad I didn't. Naturally geared to the local audience there's the language problem and the music tends to be more localised too. Given his Strauss leanings and having seen most of his shows on Sky Arts I imagine Andre Rieu would be more entertaining than a solo singer. More expensive too with the pound dropping like a stone. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back