Site suggestions within 100 miles of Bolton (1 Viewer)

Gaynor369

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
Hi there, it's been a while since I posted but now we are a little more experienced I am looking for suggestions of sites to try. Of course I have all the books but it's a bit like pot luck which is fun sometimes but also great to build a portfolio of word of mouth recommends.

Our criteria is that we want a site that is within 100 miles as this means we can get there fairly quickly on a Friday afternoon and of course fuel consumption although if you know of a REALLY GREAT SITE please shout it out as we can always head there when we have a long weekend.

We like sites with hardstanding and electric or fully serviced pitch even better as like my comforts and of course lovely loos.

Pub within easy walking distance and bus stop into town/city close by.

Sounds like I am being fussy but quality time is so precious that we have learned what we like and sticking to it for now.

I know there are some really experienced campers out there who will have tons of suggestions.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Burrs Country Park, C.C site, Bury. Walking distance of town centre and Bury Market, pub adjacent, country park adjacent, steam railway runs alongside. Usual standard of C.C loos etc.

Broken Link Removed

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi there, it's been a while since I posted but now we are a little more experienced I am looking for suggestions of sites to try. Of course I have all the books but it's a bit like pot luck which is fun sometimes but also great to build a portfolio of word of mouth recommends.

Our criteria is that we want a site that is within 100 miles as this means we can get there fairly quickly on a Friday afternoon and of course fuel consumption although if you know of a REALLY GREAT SITE please shout it out as we can always head there when we have a long weekend.

We like sites with hardstanding and electric or fully serviced pitch even better as like my comforts and of course lovely loos.

Sounds like I am being fussy but quality time is so precious that we have learned what we like and sticking to it for now.

I know there are some really experienced campers out there who will have tons of suggestions.
It seems like the Motorcaravaners Lancashire Group could be of interest to you, they hold regular rallies all over the area or you could also go to the North West Mids Group.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Burrs Park Bury sounds about right
pubs(2) both OK rest fits the bill
CC Site:thumb:

OP
OP
G

Gaynor369

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
Only 4miles from there

Burrs Country Park, C.C site, Bury. Walking distance of town centre and Bury Market, pub adjacent, country park adjacent, steam railway runs alongside. Usual standard of C.C loos etc.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks for that, a little close as only 4miles from my home and I work in Bury lol, but agree its a lovely site x

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If Bury is a wee bit too near then a nice run out is to Bank House Marina at Garstang

They have a web site

OP
OP
G

Gaynor369

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
If Bury is a wee bit too near then a nice run out is to Bank House Marina at Garstang

They have a web site

Amazing, just the kind of gem we are looking for, thanks so much and gonna book there as hubby is so into boats. York marina is great too but will try that one

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
A couple we know fairly well ::bigsmile:

Full facilities at both, easy access to villages, towns or cities :Smile:

Lady Heyes campsite in Cheshire would fit the bill (where Paul & Nikki (Haganap on here) held the Christmas market meet recently):

Lady Heyes

Or the C&CC site at Delamere Forest:

Delamere Forest

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Millers field, Ambleside.

When we were last at Miller's Field,there wasn't electric and the 'lovely loos' comprised an inverted traffic cone feeding into a sewer for cassette emptying.
Has it changed? :Smile:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
The Caravan Club site at Southport is pretty handy for you for a weekend of fresh sea air, pretty much on the front and within walking distance of Lord Street...:Smile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Wiil also recommend Lady Heyes, great facilities, perfect shower block, good bar on site, loads of craft shops as part of it. Travellers Rest restaurant about a mile away, superb food.
About 4 mile down to Frodsham which is a nice place, taxi around ÂŁ5.
Takes me about 40/45 mins from manchester.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Amazing, just the kind of gem we are looking for, thanks so much and gonna book there as hubby is so into boats. York marina is great too but will try that one

Hey they always have several boats for sale, I hope you do not hold us responsible if he spends all your savings

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999

They have a web site

We have stayed at Bridge House Marina at Nantby Garstang don't know if this is the same place quite a compact site adjacent to the marina and canal can't remember about the loo's but a good pub nearby and another good foody pub on the canal towards Preston, easy walk into Garstang.
They were building another marina next door last time we visited which come to think of it must be about 10 years ago can't have changed that much though can it :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back