Laptop connected to car radio via bluetooth? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Has anyone connected their laptop to the 'van radio via bluetooth for music?

I feel sure this could be done but the radio's I am looking at only mention connecting mobile phones and Ipod's etc.

I do have an iPod which I can use for music but it would be nice to play sound through the 'van speakers when watching a video on the laptop :Smile:

Anyone ? :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if your radio has a aux connection use that instead

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Don't see any reason why you can't but power consumption wise you'd be better off dumping your music to either memory card or USB stick as most radios with bluetooth capability also have SD card slot and or USB connection. If yours doesn't have these then dump the music to CDs in MP3 format and you can get around ten albums on one disc.

D.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

If you cannot get the blue tooth to work how about some separate speakers such as . I have a similar pair fitted in my van and use them with my laptop and MP3 player. Mine have 4 AA rechargeable batteries in so do not take power off the main or leisure battery.

Mike

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I do have an iPod which I can use for music but it would be nice to play sound through the 'van speakers when watching a video on the laptop :Smile:

Anyone ? :Smile:

Another idea..

Look for a radio with an iPod facility ..

I have an iPod Classic which used to live under the dash of the RV.. never came out .. The radio controlled the iPod and showed the track name etc on the radio while playing.

I nearly forgot about it when I sold the RV .. had been there for three years and looked like new when I retrieved it ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks for your thoughts so far guys, keep em coming......:thumb:

I am looking at a 'mech-less' stereo (no cd player to you and me ::bigsmile:) with front and rear usb, Ipod compatible and bluetooth so I can play music from other sources without wires everywhere.

I use Spotify for most of my music and the advantage for me is that I can 'save' thousands :)Eek!:) of tracks on the iPod and play them directly.

The bluetooth would be handy so that when watching a movie on the laptop I can have 'bigger' sound through the 'van speakers.

I like the look of this one.....[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KD-X50BT-Bluetooth-Media-Receiver/dp/B007BLBJ74/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KD-X50BT-Bluetooth-Media-Receiver/dp/B007BLBJ74/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp[/ame]

:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Sorry I missed the last line of your OP. Still see no reason why you can't bluetooth your lappie to the head unit.

D.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
No DAB. Does that mean it's already obsolete.

"It comes with cables to adapt.....", there's not a whole lot of space behind out radio slot.

I'm not fussed about the DAB, you might have a point about the cables tho'

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm not fussed about the DAB, you might have a point about the cables tho'

I learned that the hard way. We don't use the radio that much, I can't stand it on when driving, apart from the news, because I'm constantly trying to hear it over the noise, but anyway the reception was grim. Many MHers complain of bad reception due to the makers just cutting off the aerial wire when it suits them or the crap FIAT A pillar mounted one.

So I pulled the radio and stuck in a long piece of wire, reception perfect. Ah, rubbish little aerial on the nearside A pillar. Then I noticed the connector, it was right-angled and looked odd. It was in fact a right-angle adaptor connected to a normal straight plug and it had come apart a bit. Plugged it all together and perfect radio reception. Devil of a job to stuff all the wires back.

I added an audio connector to the rear because it's does not have a front one and this works a treat with a cheapo MP3 player via a good old wire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back