Kodak all in one printer well pleased (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have a 9 year old Epsom printer its served us well but its starting to get temperamental and ink cartridges are very difficult to find and only on the net. Wasted nearly two hours trying to print off some important stuff the other day so OH decided we'd renew it with an all in one.

Did a bit of googling and narrowed it down to HP or Kodak, the latter is well thought of and said to be the cheapest for inks and printing.

Checked out local Tesco but not much choice so 25 mile drive (we are very rural) to Carlisle and Currys/PC World yesterday. Much better choice and talking to a very well informed salesman he suggested buying a Kodak ESP 3.2s all in one unit with Wifi, currently on offer with a claimed £60 off and for an additional cost a deal on a replacement ink cartridge set.

Cut a long story short, its positively brilliant, no more wires I can print wirelessly from anywhere in the house even photographs, an absolute doddle to set up and it all works seamlessly even using a memory card to print some photo's without touching up, the the results and colours were very acceptable.:thumb:

So if anyone is on the lookout for a new all in one printer I'll stick my neck out and recommend you take a look at this one:thumb::thumb::thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I have one, good bit of kit, and as Brian says, cheapest inks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've had the Kodak ESP 3250 for about a year and it's great.

The ink cartridges are cheap but for some reason, although I only ever print in draft-quality black, the colour cartridge runs out quite quickly!

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
OH and I have printed off 16 photos of our grand-daughter (yes I know) this evening whilst sat in our lounge, all are perfect so well chuffed. Ordered some 4 x 6 Kodak Ultra Photo Paper from a dealer on Fleabay Thurs evening, it arrived today very cheap and genuine, link follows for anyone interested. :thumb:

Link Removed

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Snap..... we bought one last week,only wanted a scanner but for the price you can't go wrong,good print quality and have just ordered paper as per your recommend, thanks.

stig60

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Keighley
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2010
I have used a 5250 for past 18 months, it used regularly, uses colour inks pretty quick but still cheaper than other makes, on the whole been pleased with it, printing starting to go a bit off skew but can cant complain about the price.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had a Kodak 5??? for a couple of years ok as a printer, not as good as previous HP for photo print quality, yes cartridges are cheap but they dont last long.
Got the printer here going cheap as we replaced it with a new HP, back to happy printing.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Kodak printers are going cheap at most retailers because Kodak have stopped making them and are only making paper and cartridges. They haven't made profit since 2007 and filed for bankrupcy in 2012. We were in Currys a few weeks back and saw a bulk-stack of printers, a salesgirl came up and advised us not to buy one as they were discontinued and suggested ink supplies would dry up ( I'm sure compatibles will be around a long time) so might be worth stocking up on inks if you want genuine ones.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We also have Kodak.. Model Hero 7 .. on the home network via wifi, it is great for everyday printing.. it can scan to or from the NAS drive or from any connected device.. It has both an SD card and USB ports for direct printing.

Most of the printing on ours is documents.. Colour photo printing is not the very best but fine for everyday work.... the inks dry very fast..
Cheaper inks are the main reason I bought it.. Replacement cartridges about £20.. compared to around £60 for my Canon..

Not so good.. it is noisy and quite slow..

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have had one for about a year since my HP died. Seems good, though a bit on the slow side if you do a lot of printing (I dont'). Ink is cheap and seems to last as long as the HP one's but a lot cheaper.
The reason they are cheaper is probably due to the print head being separate and not part of the ink cartridge as the HP was so don't know if it wear as well. Printers are pretty well disposable items anyway, sold cheap and the profit made on the consumables.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back