Algarve, Portugal, Btopenzone/ FON (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I know some funsters do knock BT…:Doh:
But customers with a wifi booster from Motorhome wifi ..
(http://www.motorhomewifi.com/ )…using… Bt openzone in the uk will have excellent results …but not only in the UK… but other countries.
So this may be of interest to just a few MHF funster’s that are BT customers, that are motor homing in Portugal , Algarve, (and other countries)….look out for the Fon wifi signal, click to connect, then scroll down the page till you see the BT link…..enter your password
BT open zone /which is linked to FON….. http://www.btfon.com/maps
while we was parked at Albufeira camp site, the internet was disconnected for 24 hours until the new system was connected…..two BT customers was connected to FON with an excellent signal in fact as good as the site wifi
So if you are members of FON or BT don’t forget your password ……………………….

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I have just been looking at the FON website
I am with O2 for my broadband ect, cheep but not good for wifi when away

If I buy a FON simple does this mean I can connect to BT/Fon wifi hotspots, as I have picked up loads of these on my travels but no been able to connect as I am not with BT

Thanks
Chrisboyo

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Also if you have a iPhone you can download the BT Smartphone app that allows you to connect to the BT Fon network in any country and use it to call any UK number at the same rate as if you were at home in UK. You will need your BT user name and password to access this. This is a new service that BT has started and you can "google" it for more details.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Also if you have a iPhone you can download the BT Smartphone app that allows you to connect to the BT Fon network in any country and use it to call any UK number at the same rate as if you were at home in UK. You will need your BT user name and password to access this. This is a new service that BT has started and you can "google" it for more details.

John

Thanks John....it's nice to have a good service like BT/FON :thumb::winky::winky:.... .....Mel.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There is a special MAP that just deals with FON hotspots for Portugal, as the provider is Zon. These are all duplicated on the BT FON map - but just in case you are interested:

Broken Link Removed

The hotspots will be named 'Zon-with-Fon' (or 'ZON@FON') and you can log on using either your BT Broadband or FON login credentials :)

More information fon FON about what to expect when logging in here: Link Removed

yicve4i1pmexdjq

We have some customers in the Algarve at the moment who have been making good use of FON. :thumb:

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
There is a special MAP that just deals with FON hotspots for Portugal, as the provider is Zon. These are all duplicated on the BT FON map - but just in case you are interested:

Broken Link Removed

The hotspots will be named 'Zon-with-Fon' (or 'ZON@FON') and you can log on using either your BT Broadband or FON login credentials :)

More information fon FON about what to expect when logging in here: Link Removed

yicve4i1pmexdjq

We have some customers in the Algarve at the moment who have been making good use of FON. :thumb:

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

Thanks Adam....it was just a thought for those that was bt cutomers, it was a way of getting free wifi and good wifi ...Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back