indecator not working (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
one of my indicators is not working right the right hand one works OK but the left hand one only flashes three times then stops will it be the flasher unit:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
with a bad earth/blown bulb at one light you would usually expect the flasher unit to flash at a faster speed from the remaining working lights on the same side.

still worth investigating though.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if its a relatively new motorhome there could be a bulb on its way out as the canbus system can do some strange things if it detects a wrong resistance.

i had a tail light bulb fail so bought another and fitted it switched on the lights it lit for 2-3 seconds then went out so i swapped it for the other side and it did the same on that side.

fortunately my dad was camping with us so took his tail light bulb out and tried that and it worked properly so we then put the new bulb in his and all is well.

so cheap replacement bulbs may not work correctly on canbus equipped vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if its not canbus equipped it could be the hazard switch playing up as thats inline with the indicator switch.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if its a relatively new motorhome there could be a bulb on its way out as the canbus system can do some strange things if it detects a wrong resistance.

i had a tail light bulb fail so bought another and fitted it switched on the lights it lit for 2-3 seconds then went out so i swapped it for the other side and it did the same on that side.
fortunately my dad was camping with us so took his tail light bulb out and tried that and it worked properly so we then put the new bulb in his and all is well.

so cheap replacement bulbs may not work correctly on canbus equipped vehicles.

my van is that old my wife walks in front with a flag.
changed the bulb front and back nearside still the same:cry:and it is freezing out and have a trip planed up to Ripen.
must be earth problem

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if its not canbus equipped it could be the hazard switch playing up as thats inline with the indicator switch.
will look at that thanks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back