Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Just got my renewal in from caravanguard i changed to them last year from comfort becauce of price this year comfort is £60 cheaper for better cover.Stange how prices change from year to year,prefered comfort so will renew with them.:Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its always worth ringing both companies and play them off against each other. We ask for a reduction every year. just get the better quote and ring your insurer asking them to beat it. always works for us, as the insurers are keen to retain or gain customers and dont want to lose out to competitors

better £60+ in your pocket rather than theirs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
its always worth ringing both companies and play them off against each other. We ask for a reduction every year. just get the better quote and ring your insurer asking them to beat it. always works for us, as the insurers are keen to retain or gain customers and dont want to lose out to competitors

better £60+ in your pocket rather than theirs
I Agree,just got my car insurance renewal through from RAC,£40 more than an online quote,happens every year,gave them a call and got the price down to the online quote.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Loyalty counts for nothing. :Angry::Angry::Angry: Best to get a new quote every year and as has been said, play them off against each other. :thumb:

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have found that you get a better deal if you go with a different company each year as you normally an introductory offer from them.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I agree with the previous comments. Ive been with Caravan Guard since 2007 and have found their yearly renewals to be very competitive. However this year we are planning a 6 week European trip so wished to add European Breakdown cover. This increased the policy to £420 from £330. Received a quote from Safeguard which included European breakdown for £360. Back to Caravan Guard who matched the Safeguard Quote.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Saga - missing a huge opportunity

Have just tried to get a motorhome insurance quote from Saga and have been told that, because I am not storing the motorhome on my drive, they will not be able to quote me. I explained that it is being stored at a site nearby which has CCTV, fenced, padlocked etc but still they wont quote. I would think that many motorhomes are stored away from the owners home as most driveways are not big enough to accommodate it. Am now probably going with Safeguard or Caravanguard.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Motorhome insurance vs Car Insurance

Just insured the motorhome. It cost 20% more to insure than the car did, has better cover and it's worth 4 times more than the car - riddle me that????:whatthe:
By the way, I got a £15 discount from Safeguard because I was a member of Motorhome Fun - smashing - thanks!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back