Jim's flashy tyre valve thingys really work (1 Viewer)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Fitted a set to SWMBO's car a few months back and till today no flashes. Just come into the workshop where her car is and the NSR was flashing. Checked pressure and it had lost 5psi. Topped it up and will monitor it over the next few days. Wouldn't have noticed a 5psi loss by just looking at it so a very worthwhile investment and safety aid. Cheers Jim, well worth the cost:winky:

D.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the feedback. :thumb: They've been on sale for 8 months now and quite a number of people are getting back to me, telling me how they they are working for them.

I was at a meeting the other day to learn the French company has commissioned their own battery and this has reduced the size and weight of the cap from 15g (1/2 oz) 15g down to 10g. This new version should be out in less that 6 months::bigsmile:

advertising link follows :roflmto: Link Removed

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Jim, these look great. Do you think they would work on bicycles? The reason I ask is that we often get flats on our hybrid tyres sometimes over 20 mins or so. I'm thinking that these would highlight the flat to come. The pressures on our bikes are 85 psi. Would the HGV version be more suitable?

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As it is such a valuable safety feature, wouldn't you be doing your members (especially newbies) a service by posting this as a "sticky" with a bit more information about cost and availability.

No one could complain about such a valuable safety product such as this!

Eddie

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
As it is such a valuable safety feature, wouldn't you be doing your members (especially newbies) a service by posting this as a "sticky" with a bit more information about cost and availability.

Eddie
Why am I getting the feeling that I am being set up for a bit of subtle advertising here.:winky:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the feedback. :thumb: They've been on sale for 8 months now and quite a number of people are getting back to me, telling me how they they are working for them.

I was at a meeting the other day to learn the French company has commissioned their own battery and this has reduced the size and weight of the cap from 15g (1/2 oz) 15g down to 10g. This new version should be out in less that 6 months::bigsmile:

Jim
Will Your Tyre Pressure thingys be available at Newark or Chester
Please

Roger:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim
Will Your Tyre Pressure thingys be available at Newark or Chester
Please

Roger:Smile:

Hi Roger, not sure if we will be exhibiting them at the shows like we did last year, but I always have some with me. Just ask.:thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Under inflated tyres are responsible for 64% of motorway crashes.
Under inflated tyres are responsible for 18% of the worlds valuable petrol resource being wasted.
Under inflated types cause tyres to wear 22% quicker
Under inflated tyres are responsible for steering rack wear 9% quicker than normal
Under inflated tyres will cause CV joints to need replacing 9% faster

Doesn't need to be subtle:winky:

Eddie

ps I did make all those figures up, but while you were reading them they shocked you and they're probably right anyway

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Roger, not sure if we will be exhibiting them at the shows like we did last year, but I always have some with me. Just ask.:thumb:

You can always put some one on the Van Bitz exhibition support unit and sell them from there!

Eddie

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You can always put some one on the Van Bitz exhibition support unit and sell them from there!
Eddie
:roflmto:

Attachments

• Morecambe-&-wise_skip-dance.jpg
    Morecambe-&-wise_skip-dance.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 18

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Was going to offer the same facility at any of the outdoor shows we do, cant do it at the NEC though as its Fiamma stand

Peter

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

Eddie

Yes after buying a set for the 'moho' and seeing how good they are I decided to get a set for each of the cars. Even knowing that they were here somewhere on the forum I had to search about and finally just 'pm'd' Jim. I'm sure a link would be advantageous.

Wyn :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Got some but I havent got round to fitting them yet:Doh:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Whilst in Germany last Oct the NSR started flashing so I used my bicycle Track Pump to top it up.The gauge on the pump registered 2lbs down and it took 22 strokes of the pump to get back to pressure ::bigsmile:
Last week at Marjal the NSF started flashing-again Track Pump registered 2lbs down,and again 22 strokes to restore pressure.
Well pleased here.:thumb:

Mike

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Hi Jim,

Could you tell me what they are like and how much they cost and where I can get them from.

Not going to any shows soon but would seriously consider buying some

Please PM me if you would rather

Thanks

Bob

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

What's me Funster discount code again please? I need another set :thumb:

EDIT I've looked and looked but it's a bit like wading through treacle

Last edited:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
AFAIK all new cars produced now come with some form of TPMS, not sure whether that extends to commercial vehicles which of course our motorhomes are based upon.

In the US it has been law for some time, but users have experienced problems in as much as the in-tyre systems are always false alarming, as they have no reference to the outside temperatures or altitudes. Also, all the manufactures use there own systems, so when a sensor dies, you need to replace it with one from the car maker and you can guess that they're not cheap.

Now they are compulsory, I think they they are going to be included in the scope of the MOT. IMO the monitoring is so important that it should be, it would be an easy enough to check at the test centre. But its looks like it will only be an advisory rather than a fail. Maybe Geo has heard something

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Thanks Jim, you would have thought that if the legislators were interested in safety as a reason for creating the law then the commercial vehicles would have been the first ones to address, purely on the basis of the mayhem they could cause if they go out of control with a tyre deflation.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

All the discounts and codes are in the Funster Discounts Forum Broken Link Removed

We are awaiting a delivery at the moment, we should have got it on the 1st, but hopefully they'll be in this week. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back