Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Here we are swimming feverishly trying to take everything in, inverters, alde heating, sog toilets where do you start. Being resident in SE London we hope to spend more time away as we have been tuggers for 30 years and have always wanted a MH and now we have a Carthago Chic I47 MMMMMM lovely.:Cool: Cool Dude

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
strewth and strike a light...talk about going for the jugular

thats a nice piece of kit you got yourself there:thumb:

now, go and loose yourself somewhere remote and youll soon work out whats what ::bigsmile:

and the sit back with a all knowing grin on your face marveling at your new castle

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
strewth and strike a light...talk about going for the jugular

Hi Bungy!

I tried to understand this bit , but indeed can't,:Eeek: could you put it in another words? so I can figure out the meaning please?:Smile:
Thanks!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Here we are swimming feverishly trying to take everything in, inverters, alde heating, sog toilets where do you start. Being resident in SE London we hope to spend more time away as we have been tuggers for 30 years and have always wanted a MH and now we have a Carthago Chic I47 MMMMMM lovely.:Cool: Cool Dude

nice van.. can't say I blame you wanting to get away from London

and you haven't mentioned A frames and toads... ....... yet :roflmto:

no worries.. plenty of time.. :winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Maybe ?????

Hi Bungy!

I tried to understand this bit , but indeed can't,:Eeek: could you put it in another words? so I can figure out the meaning please?:Smile:
Thanks!

Amicalement

Strewth equates as God's Truth !

Strike a light ! Lot's of meanings, Light that one up does it for me !

Going for the Jugular , Grabbing someone by the neck !

Close, but no Cigar for me !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Bungy!

Thanks!

Amicalement

Hi Frankie

So, strewth and strike a light is a bit of 'slang' for general exclamation of disbelief or shock, apparently starting in Australia, other similar ones are Strewth, crikey, bloody nora, strike a light, stone the crows. No idea where i picked it up from - probably crocodile Dundee films...or too much watching of neighbours in the 80's!!

And going for the jugular is defined as 'to attack fiercely in order to have no doubt about winning', so in this context i meant it as makem isnt messing about with this move from a caravan to a motorhome, most folk start off with something small and then build up to a big beastie, but not makem...straight in there with a van with all the bells and whistles!!

Hope that helps

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Frankie

Don't worry about having to ask what is meant by a phrase, a little while ago you made a reference to 'staircase wit' - I understood the general meaning of what you were saying but didn't understand 'staircase wit' - not a phrase I've come across before but I didn't ask you at the time .... but earlier this week, I actually saw somewhere else entirely, an interpretation of the phrase

L’esprit de l’escalier (French): usually translated as “staircase wit,” is the act of thinking of a clever comeback when it is too late to deliver it

So it's not only you !

I too often suffer from a lack of it !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back