Jan 15, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
VW Bilbo Kombi
Exp
We are new
Hi
Very impressed by this useful and friendly site. Hope we qualify for the community with our VW Kombi Van I suppose not strictly a motorhome. We are a family of five, three young boys. We are thinking of a trip to Italy this year (possibly an early April ski trip too). Just learning as much as we can from you experienced folk - though we have some good experiences on travelling with young kids that might be useful.:roflmto:

I look forward to being part of this community.

Maxxy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Maxxy and welcome to fun we except everyone on here even tuggers(caravans) :ROFLMAO:

You will get loads of advice on here, as for Italy we went two years ago like you we have kids well one and a friend and they loved Italy, we stayed at Lake Garda and traveled by train or bus to a few places, so your kids would love it I'm sure.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi
Very impressed by this useful and friendly site. Hope we qualify for the community with our VW Kombi Van I suppose not strictly a motorhome. We are a family of five, three young boys. We are thinking of a trip to Italy this year (possibly an early April ski trip too). Just learning as much as we can from you experienced folk - though we have some good experiences on travelling with young kids that might be useful.:roflmto:

I look forward to being part of this community.

Maxxy

Hi Maxxy welcome from a wet n Windy Devon we all started somewhere had a van or two like yours tent and bike and now a classic looking to sell and go bigger for full time travel all the fun on here :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Welcome to the fun, van dont matter wheels in each corner, peoples sleeps init and its fun, im just down the road in easleigh quite often out the forest
for w/ends. :welcomefunster:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi & welcome aboard. Sounds "cozy" in your Bilbo, though I'm guessing there may be an awning/tent involved. We started out in a Mazda panel van, but ran out of space...:Eeek:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Maxxy, I progressed from a VW high roof autosleeper to my current larger Geist Spirit last year. Now I've bought a cottage in the New Forest just to store the thing. I'm up in the North West Woodgreen/Hale area.

Welcome to the fun, avoid the nutters, take full advantage of the immense amount of knowledge shared by all the funsters, especially for me when I need a hand on electrickery.

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy.....Griff
:thumb:

OP
OP
M

maxxy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
VW Bilbo Kombi
Exp
We are new
In the Forest

Welcome to the fun, van dont matter wheels in each corner, peoples sleeps init and its fun, im just down the road in easleigh quite often out the forest
for w/ends. :welcomefunster:

Thanks for the welcome ... fellow local...

OP
OP
M

maxxy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
VW Bilbo Kombi
Exp
We are new
Hi & welcome aboard. Sounds "cozy" in your Bilbo, though I'm guessing there may be an awning/tent involved. We started out in a Mazda panel van, but ran out of space...:Eeek:

Well.... so far we have all slept in the van... two boys up top, one in a bunk over the front and us in the main bed (rock and roll bed they call it). Though on our first trip out on a wet weekend in Devon we had to buy a pop up festy tent - childrens car seats were the straw that almost broke the camels back. We have just invested in a drive away awning so looking forward to testing that out this year.

No doubt we will end up moving up in size as time goes on!
Maxxy:Smile:

OP
OP
M

maxxy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
VW Bilbo Kombi
Exp
We are new
Hi Maxxy, I progressed from a VW high roof autosleeper to my current larger Geist Spirit last year. Now I've bought a cottage in the New Forest just to store the thing. I'm up in the North West Woodgreen/Hale area.

Welcome to the fun, avoid the nutters, take full advantage of the immense amount of knowledge shared by all the funsters, especially for me when I need a hand on electrickery.

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy.....Griff :thumb:

Hi Popeye what a great name... thanks for the welcome we are near Lymington no doubt one of your sailing destinations.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hello From The New Forest

:party2:Hi Maxxy & Welcome !!