I Held It In My Hand Today... Not Too Big For Me... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have...

...looked at the pictures...

...read a lot of the reviews...

...lusted after reading the list of specifications...

...even measured out and drawn the rectangular size in my notebook as some reviews said it was big...

But today I actually got to hold a Samsung Galaxy Note II in my hand...

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want...

Is there anyone assembled here who knows of any reason or just cause why I should not purchase one?

(Will it be able to deal with word documents and Excel files straight from the box or will I need an "app" thingy?)

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just think how big it will look in Frankies small hands :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
(I Held It In My Hand Today... Not Too Big For Me...)

JJ............... Size isn`t everything....

It`s what you do and what you going to do with it.... that counts... :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Quote " I Held It In My Hand Today... Not Too Big For Me..."

All that means is you've got big hands. Who do you think you are, Joe Corrigan? ::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
You're too tight.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oulala ... I know someone who's not going to be on his christmas cards list anymore!!

Amicalement

Frankie:roflmto:
I shouldn't have put a like indeed ...it might affect his next presents to me...just to match with the "like":Doh::RollEyes:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As always... witty and Fun responses... great stuff...

But I would be interested if any Funster has got one of these machines/gadgets and how he/she finds it...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Word of warning JJ Take all risks insurance out:thumb: mate has the note, and he is on his 3rd screen :Smile:could be something to do with putting it in rear pocket and sitting on it :Doh:
terry

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

But I would be interested if any Funster has got one of these machines/gadgets and how he/she finds it...

I don't have one personally but a friend of mine has the earlier version and he says it is too big to carry around as a 'phone and too small to be a useful tablet.......:Sad:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 , love it and the new note is supposed to be better. If i was buying tomorrow id get the note 10.1.

You will need an app for word processing.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
i have the old version and absolutely love it - waiting for the new update to make it even better...but... here is a snippet of a post from last feb

"Ok as a phone its a little awkward because of its size, but its a none issue after a couple of times of doing it..especially when you hear how clear the calls are...noise cancelling mics are great!

and as for the rest...well....All comes down to what you use them for - i dont really use smart phones as phones as such, With this one i can use it as.....
a full off net satnav
Email, messaging, web browsing, ebook reader, facebook etc, Video calls with skype (with its front facing camera)
standalone 8mp camera with HDR and Panoramic etc built in, photo editor - proper ones that do much of what adobe Photoshop elements, picassa etc does, Extension to my DSLR live view screen with full control of the camera...great for them macro or low angle shots!
A sketch pad - in pencil, crayon, paint effects etc, note taker in meetings or on the fly reminders - written with a pen as well as typed
Watching HD videos - on screen or on a HD TV(the amount of memory this thing has, with an extra 32gb memory card, has enabled me to load up 20 films...in HD , avatar is awesome on this screen!), recording Full 1080p HD videos, watching Iplayer or ITV Player, youtube etc without having to get binos out!!
Playing music(loaded up 3000+ mp3s), listening to the radio - internet or proper
Working on spreadsheets, presentations, word docs, editing/annotating PDF docs, and sharing them with the team through the cloud or just printing them wirelesley
Messing about with loads of daft programs and the like...making cartoons or postcards (that can be sent from the phone and get delivered by a postie!!)
Playing games - either on it or connect it to a TV and play them with a Bluetooth keyboard (can also use this to control vids etc too)
Use it as a wifi hotspot...what for i havent worked out yet...dont need anything else connected
"

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 , love it and the new note is supposed to be better. If i was buying tomorrow id get the note 10.1.

You will need an app for word processing.

they should come with Polaris office loaded up which will do all the office type stuff

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think Buttons has the tabet 10 ins note 2 :winky:
Terry

A bit confusing these Samsungs. But function/quality wise they'll all be pretty similar. Which I have no reason to expect anything but excellent.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A bit confusing these Samsungs. But function/quality wise they'll all be pretty similar. Which I have no reason to expect anything but excellent.

Sure are I love this 10 ins tab 2 ---- note no note 2 :thumb::winky: no pen
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back